Anyone starting Monday Jan. 4?

Woodtif

• Moderators

I've moved your topic into the 'Join the Whole 30' section for a better fit.

Big changes can elicit some anxiety but this is totally worth it!!! You'll be okay. It's 30 days but take each day and even each meal at a time to help with the nerves... sometimes looking at something in smaller pieces is helpful!

I'm starting up this Monday also.

Having done paleo diet a few years back, I'd say I'm more excited than anything.

It felt awesome after getting through the withdrawals from sugar/carbs. The whole30 timeline seems really accurate to what I remember going through. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

With as much effort as it takes to read labels, plan shop, prepare. My goal is to make each meal an experience. I figure if I'm always looking forward to next meal. I won't be missing the stuff I would have eaten.

My boyfriend, mother and I are all starting January 4th! It's a huge change and I'm not nervous at all because I've never been more ready. I'm more excited than anything! I guess there is a bit of nervous excitement ... I'm just afraid it won't be this "big change" that I need, but I'm keeping my heart open. Good luck and keep in touch! You'll do fantastic!

I'm starting on Monday as well. This will be my second whole 30, I just did one back in October/November. Honestly I can't wait to start again! After eating all the holiday foods I feel so gross, I'm constantly tired and my energy levels don't last long at all. When I finished my first whole 30 I felt amazing so I'm looking forward to getting back to it. 

• I'm starting on Monday as well!  I just finished It Starts With Food and I'm planning and making lists so I can shop tomorrow and then officially start Monday.  I'm excited to start and am trying to be really prepared.  I'm grateful for the support here too!  We can do this!

Wow, it is so relieving so see all the posts of people starting on Monday.  I am starting on Monday, as well.  I have been reading the book as fast as possible.  I really, really need to commit to this.  I know something in my diet is making me sick, so I want to get to the bottom of it.  I often feel super tired and have a stomach ache after eating.  I feel bloated almost all of the time, and I am extremely constipated the last few months.  It's miserable.  I am nervous about the thirty days only because I am not a super healthy eater, and I am very picky.  BUT, I do like health; I love working out, and I have been healthier with a higher protein diet ever since starting YOLI.  

I feel a lot more relieved now knowing that there are people starting on Monday and will be able to relate through the journey.

My husband and I are starting on January 4th.  Excited and nervous at the same time.  I have a super busy schedule with work and two teenagers who don't drive yet, so the food prep and shopping has me more nervous than anything.  Am excited to learn healthy ways to season and cook new and old foods alike.  Really hoping that this helps with an auto immune disease that I have!

I am also starting Monday as well.  Tomorrow is meal prep day for the week.  I can honestly say that I am nervous as well, but excited for the changes.  I have committed to this and for me it will have to be hour by hour then day by day.  Let's do this!!

Jess

Hi! I am also starting my very first Whole30 on Monday. I cleaned/organized my kitchen today and just have some last minute food shopping to do and some meal prep for the upcoming week tomorrow. I'm excited to start and also anxious like you. I'm ready for change and so grateful for the guidelines and community at Whole30 :)

~SB

I started today (it's the fourth already in Australia :D ).

If anyone hasn't signed up and meant to, the Whole30 Daily emails signup is here: https://daily.whole30.com/

It's paid service, but I really like it. If you've done the emails before you can get a discount too (or just read your old ones). I like them popping up in my mail :)

This will be my first Whole 30 though the the protocol is similar to what I've eaten before on a cleanse. My husband is going to join me and we have two young children that won't. Hoping to get to the store tomorrow to do some food prep. We just returned from a week of visiting my mom and an 8 hour drive home. I am not well prepared other than reading the books but I don't want to put the start date off. 

Good luck to all of us and the best of heath for 2016!

Kimberly

starting today january 4th. Have shopped and prepped three days of food as lots of travel with work this week. I will be doing it with my husband although we have very different objectives. I have a chronic pain illness and he is doing an iron man in july so we both want to reap the health benefits but for different reasons. We have two young adult children in the house. One is doing a semi compliant version and one isnt joining in at all so i have been adapting our compliant meals for them too. Good luck everyone!

Just started! Had a frittata and some mashed sweet potatoes with cilantro lime mayo for breakfast. This will be my second go round. My first whole30 was back in June/July and the results were pretty amazing. It also made me a better cook and changed the way I approach food shopping and meals in general. Now after some very stressful situations and switching jobs to an office where everyone has candy and cookies all the time I feel like I need a reboot. Looking forward to joining all of you on this experience.

Good luck everyone! You can do it!

Starting today and I am SO ready. I did a whole 30 back in October/November and felt super awesome in spite of the fact that I know that I sometimes overdid it with things like larabars, dried fruit, nuts, etc. I also made the mistake of thinking I could maintain it indefinitely, and then the holidays rolled around and I ate ALL the things. This time I'm ready to kill the sugar beast for real, and do proper reintroductions so I know how specific foods actually effect me. Since I went back to eating whatever, I feel "puffy" and I've been breaking out and sometimes just feel itchy on my arms and legs. I also woke with a headache this morning, which I am fairly certain is a sugar hangover. Hoping for improved skin and better fitting jeans! Here we go!!!

Archived