Anyone starting Monday Jan. 4?

Woodtif

Starting today as well. This will be my second as I did one back in Oct/Nov too. I definitely miss how good I  felt at the end of those 30 days.

@Dancincrazy I agree it seems easier, like I know I can do it but not looking forward to the fatigue either. My first whole 30 I was exhausted for the first 10 days. Lots of naps where taken as soon as I got home from work haha. But at the same time it was what I needed. They sugar hangover is real and after all the sugar I've had the last few weeks I know it'll be worse. 

Good luck everyone! We got this! :)

I'm starting today as well.

I've actually been Paleo since March of 2015.  But with a few cheats here and there for holiday food, I thought I'd jump in to Whole30.  Also, the iOS app is pretty awesome, so I'm extra inspired.

Oh, and hello everyone.  I'm new here.

Day 1 - done :-)

How did everyone do today? Going it pretty easy as was at wok do didn't have time to eat. It's the night times I'm going to have to be careful with.

Happy eating everyone :-)

Day one done, too! Went really well. Already I feel lighter, body as well as spirit.

• Moderators

Also, the iOS app is pretty awesome, so I'm extra inspired.

Oh, and hello everyone.  I'm new here.

Hi Hilo;

As far as I know, there is no Whole30 official or sanctioned app... please double check what you are using and ensure that, because it is a 3rd party app, you are using caution when following it. Can you actually post a link to what you are referring to? The Whole30 PTB might want to know about this, especially if someone is using their brand/trademark/name/awesomeness.

Started today as well!  #goTeamJan4 :D

totally underestimated what I should have for breakfast and was staaaaaaaaaaarving by 10am.  I looked at the forums to make sure I wasn't hangry and sure enough- I didn't have enough protein and fats in breakfast to sustain me... not making that mistake again!  :)

Looking forward to sharing the next 41 days with you all!

I started today! I started eating Paleo back in the summer and saw some good weight loss and non-weight related wins. Since September I've still been cooking Paleo at home but allowing myself to eat whatever I want when out...so cookies in the office, bread for dinner, french fries, you name it. I've put back on the weight I loss plus another 5 lbs. So, weight loss is a big motivator for me, but I by no means think this will be a quick fix. I want to reset my tastebuds when it comes to sugar and create a habit of eating more veggies. I want to have more energy, so that I can start exercising again. I'm doing this alone...I'm hoping to show my husband how the science makes sense by having amazing results!

Hi Hilo;

As far as I know, there is no Whole30 official or sanctioned app... please double check what you are using and ensure that, because it is a 3rd party app, you are using caution when following it. Can you actually post a link to what you are referring to? The Whole30 PTB might want to know about this, especially if someone is using their brand/trademark/name/awesomeness.

Sorry, I'm using the nomnompaleo app, which is how I learned about Whole30.   Don't mean to confuse anyone.

• Moderators

Sorry, I'm using the nomnompaleo app, which is how I learned about Whole30.   Don't mean to confuse anyone.

Wonderful, thank you for the clarification... we like to confirm because there are people out there writing cookbooks and 'how to' guides using the Whole30 brand that aren't authorized.  I have heard great things about Michelle's app!

Hi everyone

My sister, father and I started our first Whole 30 two days ago.  So far, so good!  We are excited, but nervous about losing our red wine.  We are doing it to lose weight and to improve overall health.  For the most part, I am cooking from Well Fed/2 and they are awesome!  (Most recipes are on her website for free, too)  I am hoping to improve my meal planning during this adventure as I'm rather bad in that area.  My first weekly cookup required many extra runs to the grocery store

Two days down! Keep up the healthy eating!

I started as well 1/4. So just about to finish up day 4. So dar so good. Have had some headaches but nothing bad enough to warrant medication. I have felt swollen today and some day 3. Hoping it is just getting rid of toxins. I have worked out 4 days this week and drinking tons of water. I popped for the week all day last Sunday and have really enjoyed the foods. Getting nervous about the weekend though... Having a football watch party and while no alcohol doesn't bother m too much, avoiding the snacks people bring will be very difficult. Have been scouring the forums for recipes to help with this.

Good luck everyone and hope you keep responding to this. I am doing it alone so nice to hear from others on the same day as me.

How's day 4 going for everyone? I'm feeling really good! Ok, I'm home sick with a cold but I don't feel like I've got any of the sugar hangovers people talk about. I'm loving what I'm eating and I'm surprised at how I bloated my stomach feels. I didn't think I was bloated to begin with but it feels so lean and flat ( but I am 50lbs overweight so it is far from that!).

Saw someone mention the non nom paleo app earlier. It's one of my favourites too. I made her Asian fried rice last night and it was amazing! Had the leftovers for lunch. If you're into podcasts, hers is great too. Her kids are involved and they are super adorable and they're all total food geeks.

We signed up for the daily newsletter (although we are day behind on them) and we are definitely having some of the 'fun' side effects.  Crankiness, headaches, tiredness.  Here's to hoping they go away soon!

I was looking for superbowl snacks and saw this list of 20...not sure if they are all Whole30 but I'm sure most can be modified.

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2015/01/24/20-paleo-super-bowl-recipes/

I started Jan. 4, but this is my first time on the forums. Today is day 5. So far, so good. I had a headache in day 2-3, but not too bad. I haven't wanted to kill my family yet, so that's good. Most things haven't been as bad as I thought. I was a really heavy drinker, and I know that is a major reason I am unhealthy and overweight (I need to lose between 40-50 lbs.). Sugar is not my demon, wine is... I haven't missed it too much yet. Drinking lots of seltzer. My husband is being pretty supportive, although he's not really doing the Whole30, he's doing what he can to help. Our dinners have been whole30 compliant, and last night we had burritos. The kids (age 9 and 12) had them in the tortilla and my husband and I had ours in a salad. He put cheese on his, but still, he made an effort and chose the salad over the tortilla. Having this helps. He does still drink every night, but less than before. Day by day. I figured, I gave up a lot when I was pregnant and that was for 9 months. I should be able to do this for myself for only a month... cheers to day 5!

Getting nervous about the weekend though... Having a football watch party and while no alcohol doesn't bother m too much, avoiding the snacks people bring will be very difficult. Have been scouring the forums for recipes to help with this.

Oh, Mel Joulwan has a page for you! http://meljoulwan.com/2015/01/24/paleo-super-bowl-party-game-plan/

Note that there's a couple of non-Whole30 recipes on there as well, so skip those.

I started Jan. 4, but this is my first time on the forums. Today is day 5. So far, so good. I had a headache in day 2-3, but not too bad. I haven't wanted to kill my family yet, so that's good. Most things haven't been as bad as I thought. I was a really heavy drinker, and I know that is a major reason I am unhealthy and overweight (I need to lose between 40-50 lbs.). Sugar is not my demon, wine is... I haven't missed it too much yet. Drinking lots of seltzer. My husband is being pretty supportive, although he's not really doing the Whole30, he's doing what he can to help. Our dinners have been whole30 compliant, and last night we had burritos. The kids (age 9 and 12) had them in the tortilla and my husband and I had ours in a salad. He put cheese on his, but still, he made an effort and chose the salad over the tortilla. Having this helps. He does still drink every night, but less than before. Day by day. I figured, I gave up a lot when I was pregnant and that was for 9 months. I should be able to do this for myself for only a month... cheers to day 5!

You're doing great Shelley! You can do this! :D My partner is also supportive and over time, although I don't push it on him, he's really changed the way he eats :) it's not Whole30, but it's healthy

Archived