Starting 1/11/16!

aunterin0414

• This is my first time around also and I will be starting on the 13th.  I've been spending a lot of time preparing but am still totally nervous.  I have been having a problem finding the canned coconut milk...so hopefully I can get my hands on that over the next week!

My wife and I will be starting on the 11th. I got her the whole30 book for Christmas as its something we have talked ago doing in the past. Over my holiday leave from the Navy we have hit 12 states reading the book aloud during the ride. We are returning to our home in Virgina over the weekend and starting on Monday and couldn't be more excited!

• Moderators

I'm starting on Monday, Jan 11th. First time. I just skimmed the book last night. Trying to figure out if I should start gradually ratcheting down the sweets and junk now or just have a last hoorah this weekend.

Ratcheting down the sweets and other non compliant foods like grains and dairy will exponentially improve your first week. The amount of suck a person experiences in their 'hangover' days is directly attributed to their diet ahead of time and more so the diet of the person in the few days before... so while the last hurrah seems like a fun idea, I can guarentee you it will be anything else but fun on January 11, 12 and 13th...

Hi I am starting Jan 11th also. I have read the first book and am reading the second book I will be shopping Saturday or Sunday. I was looking for a meal planner but could not find one so I am going to make my own up with the if  statements. This is my first time. I am fighting Sjorgens and inflammation and hoping this will help. Oh and my allergies are getting worse. I am excited but scared as I always fall and changing my eating habits. I loe my food. No one else in my home is going to do this with me so I will have to be extra strong not to eat their food. . 

• This is my first time around also and I will be starting on the 13th.  I've been spending a lot of time preparing but am still totally nervous.  I have been having a problem finding the canned coconut milk...so hopefully I can get my hands on that over the next week!

What stores do you have near you? Maybe someone can recommend a local brand (I'm in Australia, my favourite one is Ayam, but it's usually not found outside Asia Pacific).

Welcome everyone, you can do this! :D

Archived