Whole90

falcon

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I never heard of the tiger blood reference in regards to whole30 but it makes perfect sense. The problem for me was that u felt it right away the first time so the lack this time wasnin relation to my own feeling and not what others were saying.

So I basically swapped nuts for fruit....im not a huge fruit guy in general but because it is clementine season we have been getting so many andni too, was using it as a dessert, even though I don't have a dessert problem lol.

Extra fat, extra protein has done wonders. Do not be afraid to eat on this plan.

Ha, I never heard of the tiger blood reference in regards to whole30 but it makes perfect sense. The problem for me was that u felt it right away the first time so the lack this time wasnin relation to my own feeling and not what others were saying.

So I basically swapped nuts for fruit....im not a huge fruit guy in general but because it is clementine season we have been getting so many andni too, was using it as a dessert, even though I don't have a dessert problem lol.

Extra fat, extra protein has done wonders. Do not be afraid to eat on this plan.

I'm gonna cut the fruit out for a bit and see how it goes. I also need to cut out the nuts. I cannot be trusted with any of it. 

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope I can join this thread.

I started on Jan 1,2016.... and I wanted to do more than just 30 days.

I am on day 32.

I love reading all the threads.

Especially about tiger blood, I had it and now it has gone.

I have felt really tired.

But the information about not eating enough might ring true.

I will adjust a little and see how that goes!

Thank you to all for all the information! :)  :)

Good Morning Everyone,

I am on day 32.

Welcome to the group! I hope you get the tiger blood back too! Are you getting enough fat at your meals? I'm on Day 24. Again, welcome to the group.

Good Morning Everyone,

I am on day 32.

Welcome to the group! I hope you get the tiger blood back too! Are you getting enough fat at your meals? I'm on Day 24. Again, welcome to the group.

Hi folks -

I'm on, hmm, let's see...I'm 9/90? 9/30? Now I'm not sure.

Started on 1/4, had to restart 1/23. I had to have lunch out last Friday (1/29), and if I'm being 100% honest, I am betting that there were non-compliant ingredients in there even though I attempted to order (fish and veg) "without it being cooked in any dairy". Honestly, I can't bear to start over, and since I am thinking to do 90 days, I'm just going to keep counting.

For me, this program represents such a seismic shift in my habits:

1) cutting out the sweets - I can not over-emphasize the amount of sugar I had been consuming

2) shopping for and preparing all of my own meals - no "hey, let's get take-out burritos from the place around the corner", no "I'm exhausted, let's go out for pizza", no (my personal favorite) "I'm wiped out and don't want to cook, so a baguette and brie can be dinner for three days, right?" This represents pretty much 80% of my non-work or sleep hours. The rest of my life is quite literally on hold because my "free" time is spent shopping and cooking.

3) eating three large-ish meals with no snacks

It's literally night and day from the bad habits I'm trying to leave behind.

But it's got me thinking: a part of why I'm doing this program is based on the hormone-related benefits of the specific foods; but another part - a huge part - is about my behavior and my relationship with food and cooking.

So I'm thinking that I might not stay exclusively on-plan for the full 90 days, in that I might start reintroduction after I finally get a 30 that's "clean" (i.e. no gut disruptors). But if I stay with the cooking and the eating of template meals but for the occasional post-30 reintroduction ingredient for the full 90 days, I think that will be good enough for me.

I have no idea what to call this. I don't want to be saying I'm doing a 90 when I might reintroduce, say, dairy at some point. But for someone whose thinking is very black and white, if I reintroduce dairy but I keep preparing all my food and eating the way I have been on plan, then I'm still doing something vastly different than I was on my maladaptive S.A.D.

Thank you.

And yes I do think that is my problem that I am not getting enough fat at my meals.

Day 33 and my gut/digestion/stomach finally feels great!! Sometimes it just takes more than 30 days to undo all the damage! I'm so glad that I'm giving it some extra time to really let my body heal. My first 30 days I focused on the meal template and timing of meals, and i think it went well. These next 30 days I want to focus on workouts and Pre/Post workout meals. No matter how many whole30s I do and how much i work out during them I still feel like I haven't quite dialed in what is best per/post "meals" on lifting/running/bootcamp days and I find myself either starving mid lift, or too full and cramping during running. 

Day 33 for me also.

I am still going strong but my stomach has good days and bad days.

Nothing really steady yet.

I get a lot of gurgling and a lot of noises.

I try to drink a lot of water, maybe I am drinking too much?

Today I was not tired when I got up but usually when I get home I am tired.

I have increased my fat today so hopefully that will help.

Still going strong, I am determined to do at least 60 days but thinking that I might try for 90!

I am also going to try to do more exercise. I twisted my knee when I fell down the stairs, lost my footing. So it is slow going.

Hi all, well, I'm on day 26 and I must admit that I cheated last night and stepped on the scale. Ugh!! I've only lost 2 pounds! I'm not a happy camper! I need to dial in my eating, like knock out the fruit, 99% of the time and stop eating nuts all together! The reason for both is, I cannot stop myself from over indulging. I also HAVE to get off my butt and start walking, at least. Cannot tell you how disappointed with that weight loss I am. I'm trying to tell myself that I have 65 more days to go and I'm bound to get that tiger blood or that burst of wonderful that everyone talks about and then my metabolism will kick in to overdrive and I'll be like wonder woman! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm on day 26 and I'm tired all the time. I feel like my pants are a little bit looser, but nothing like the 8.5 pounds I lost last time I did a W30! 
I'm going militant! No more games!!  :ph34r:  :angry:

Hi all, well, I'm on day 26 and I must admit that I cheated last night and stepped on the scale. Ugh!! I've only lost 2 pounds! I'm not a happy camper! I need to dial in my eating, like knock out the fruit, 99% of the time and stop eating nuts all together! The reason for both is, I cannot stop myself from over indulging. I also HAVE to get off my butt and start walking, at least. Cannot tell you how disappointed with that weight loss I am. I'm trying to tell myself that I have 65 more days to go and I'm bound to get that tiger blood or that burst of wonderful that everyone talks about and then my metabolism will kick in to overdrive and I'll be like wonder woman! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'm on day 26 and I'm tired all the time. I feel like my pants are a little bit looser, but nothing like the 8.5 pounds I lost last time I did a W30! 

I'm going militant! No more games!!  :ph34r:  :angry:

I hear ya... but also remember stressing about weight and focusing on the number doesn't do any good! I am not a scale person, never have been, but i did one whole30 (which wasn't actually a whole30 because I weighed in...) where I weighed myself every day just because i was curious what the curve of weight loss would look like. I was at 20% body fat going in and not looking to lose a lot.. but I lost about 3 lbs in the first few days, probably all water weight/bloat, then stayed the same/went up a little for the middle two or so weeks, then in the last 5 days or so I dropped another 3 lbs of fat. Then I continued to a whole45 and lost another 5 lbs of fat in the 15 days after. I was down 11 lbs from where I started by the end, but if I had just looked at the scale on day 24 or 25 it would have said I only lost 2 or 3 lbs... the scale is just not a good reflection of all the other things going on inside your body! 

My point is... you can't expect this to happen quickly.. and we're all here for a whole 90, so you have plenty of time! Your body is probably still adjusting and healing. Don't get discouraged or beat yourself up about eating nuts or fruit. I'm all for cutting both out because I tend to abuse them too, but don't get mad at yourself if you eat a piece of fruit with lunch or dinner, that's just silly. 

I support your decision to start walking!! That will help you feel better and stronger I'm sure  :)  :D

Good luck! Stay strong! And ditch the scale! 

I hear ya... but also remember stressing about weight and focusing on the number doesn't do any good! I am not a scale person, never have been, but i did one whole30 (which wasn't actually a whole30 because I weighed in...) where I weighed myself every day just because i was curious what the curve of weight loss would look like. I was at 20% body fat going in and not looking to lose a lot.. but I lost about 3 lbs in the first few days, probably all water weight/bloat, then stayed the same/went up a little for the middle two or so weeks, then in the last 5 days or so I dropped another 3 lbs of fat. Then I continued to a whole45 and lost another 5 lbs of fat in the 15 days after. I was down 11 lbs from where I started by the end, but if I had just looked at the scale on day 24 or 25 it would have said I only lost 2 or 3 lbs... the scale is just not a good reflection of all the other things going on inside your body! 

My point is... you can't expect this to happen quickly.. and we're all here for a whole 90, so you have plenty of time! Your body is probably still adjusting and healing. Don't get discouraged or beat yourself up about eating nuts or fruit. I'm all for cutting both out because I tend to abuse them too, but don't get mad at yourself if you eat a piece of fruit with lunch or dinner, that's just silly. 

I support your decision to start walking!! That will help you feel better and stronger I'm sure  :)  :D

Good luck! Stay strong! And ditch the scale! 

Thank you, thank you, for sharing that experience you had! You have no idea how much I needed to hear that. It's like my brain was trying to tell me that, but I'm so obsessed with losing pounds and being unsuccessful that I just zoned in on that and started thinking the bad thoughts again. So, thanks!! I know it's about more than weight, but I also know the history of being overweight in our family and it nearly always leads to obesity, diabetes, heart problems, etc. 

On the positive note.....I WENT WALKING!!! No idea how far but I'd guess about a mile or so. I plan to do it again this afternoon, if it's not a downpour. If it is, I'll do a walk fitness cd I have. It sure felt good to get outside in the fresh air and my two dogs loved it! One of them has bad hips and she is overly plump, just like her mommy and she needs the exercise too. 

Anyway, once again, thanks so much for the reply and for sharing your experience. It really helps! (not sure I'm ready to ditch the scale yet, but I put it away where I don't see it everyday.) :D

I know I'm a little late here. And, I'm not sure I'm even truly a "member", but I did my first Whole30 in January. I finished it. Rocked that sucker. But...I didn't really feel better. Until I tried to reintroduce foods. 

Cue rashes, lethargy and bloating. 

So...I realize that I am not quite ready to deviate from the template. 

I am on board until April 1. 

Is it ok to hang out with you cool kids?

I know I'm a little late here. And, I'm not sure I'm even truly a "member", but I did my first Whole30 in January. I finished it. Rocked that sucker. But...I didn't really feel better. Until I tried to reintroduce foods. 

Cue rashes, lethargy and bloating. 

So...I realize that I am not quite ready to deviate from the template. 

I am on board until April 1. 

Is it ok to hang out with you cool kids?

You are more than welcome! My w90 ends on April 7th. 

When I started sleeping correctly, about a week ago, that is when I finally found Tiger Blood.  I also added a carb to breakfast and that has helped me tremendously with Tiger Blood.  I'm counting weeks for my whole 90 as days feels depressingly long.  So starting Week 6 today and made some new dishes for the week to avoid boredom.  Anyone getting sick of eating meat/veggie/fat yet?

When I started sleeping correctly, about a week ago, that is when I finally found Tiger Blood.  I also added a carb to breakfast and that has helped me tremendously with Tiger Blood.  I'm counting weeks for my whole 90 as days feels depressingly long.  So starting Week 6 today and made some new dishes for the week to avoid boredom.  Anyone getting sick of eating meat/veggie/fat yet?

You added a carb? What kind of carb? I'm sick of eggs for brekkie, that's for sure. Gonna have to make some breakfast hash with meat and veggies. I do have avocado with brekkie and it's darned tasty.

You added a carb? What kind of carb? I'm sick of eggs for brekkie, that's for sure. Gonna have to make some breakfast hash with meat and veggies. I do have avocado with brekkie and it's darned tasty.

I added a small sweet potato or butternut squash to breakfast.  I've stopped eating eggs every day as well.  Today I had 2 compliant pieces of sausage with spinach and sweet potato with avocado.  I won't be hungry for hours by adding the carb and due to work, I probably won't eat until 2pm (6 hours later) and that will be fine for me.

I added a small sweet potato or butternut squash to breakfast.  I've stopped eating eggs every day as well.  Today I had 2 compliant pieces of sausage with spinach and sweet potato with avocado.  I won't be hungry for hours by adding the carb and due to work, I probably won't eat until 2pm (6 hours later) and that will be fine for me.

Good for you! I have to be careful with the sweet potato and squash, like butternut. They have a tendency to make me hungry faster and being a carbohydrate addict, they could be a trigger, if I let them. I'm gonna be right behind you on the sausages and veggies for brekkie. Not cutting the eggs out entirely, cause they are good and inexpensive, however, I need a break from them. I really like the breakfast "hash" type things, because I don't have to wake up and start cooking right off the bat. It's a luxury to just spoon some in to a bowl or on a plate and heat it up. Then I pour myself a cup of my homemade Kombucha and get me some avocado and I'm all set. 

Good for you! I have to be careful with the sweet potato and squash, like butternut. They have a tendency to make me hungry faster and being a carbohydrate addict, they could be a trigger, if I let them. I'm gonna be right behind you on the sausages and veggies for brekkie. Not cutting the eggs out entirely, cause they are good and inexpensive, however, I need a break from them. I really like the breakfast "hash" type things, because I don't have to wake up and start cooking right off the bat. It's a luxury to just spoon some in to a bowl or on a plate and heat it up. Then I pour myself a cup of my homemade Kombucha and get me some avocado and I'm all set. 

Yes, sweet potatoes or butternut squash doesn't make me want to eat more carbs.  If anything it makes me full longer and gives me better sleep and energy throughout the day.  I also like to eat soup in the morning for breakfast with protein so like a chicken soup without the noodles. 

Still hanging around as I head into Day 39 but almost gave up on Day 37........ everything looked tempting but managed to hold off my temptation.

I actually went for a walk instead and got away from all the food in the house which was a win win no matter how you look at it.

I do not know if I am eating enough or not enough.

Typical day:

Meal 1: mixture of sautéed potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sausage and two to three hard boiled eggs, an orange

Meal 2: bowl of chili, salad (with homemade dressing-cesear or ranch), an apple

Meal 3: meat (chicken; steak or pork loin), vege (sweet potatoe or broccoli or carrots

Lots and lots of water and one cup of black coffee in the morning

(Sometimes I might have a handful of nuts or put them in my salad.

My daughter thinks that I am eating too much but I think that I am eating enough....... ?????????????????

Still hanging around as I head into Day 39 but almost gave up on Day 37........ everything looked tempting but managed to hold off my temptation.

I actually went for a walk instead and got away from all the food in the house which was a win win no matter how you look at it.

I do not know if I am eating enough or not enough.

Typical day:

Meal 1: mixture of sautéed potatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms and sausage and two to three hard boiled eggs, an orange

Meal 2: bowl of chili, salad (with homemade dressing-cesear or ranch), an apple

Meal 3: meat (chicken; steak or pork loin), vege (sweet potatoe or broccoli or carrots

Lots and lots of water and one cup of black coffee in the morning

(Sometimes I might have a handful of nuts or put them in my salad.

My daughter thinks that I am eating too much but I think that I am eating enough....... ?????????????????

Looks like you're eating enough to me, but are you getting enough fat with each meal? Have you considered posting your meals in the forum? I think there is a place there where you can post your meals for the moderators to look over. 

Well, my first 30 days ended yesterday and my stats today are -6 lbs. and -5.75 inches in various places. I didn't lose as much as the first time I did a W30, but I think I know what the problem is. I had too much fruit at the beginning and too many nuts/seeds. I'm gonna get this dialed in and hope to make up for it on my next block of 30. And though I'm disappointed that I only lost 6 (I lost 9 on my first W30), it's still a loss and that's a big win! So, I'm off to tweak things a bit more and move more! 
Hoping everyone else is doing well and hanging in there. So, only 8.57 weeks left! 

Archived