Day 1 Sunday Jan 3 2016 in Southern Alabama

Alii53

I'm nervous & excited to do this program. I hope this will help me sleep without sleep aids and give me energy during the day. It doesn't help that my job is boring as all get out but I come home exhausted and go to bed early and then am wide awake. I hope to reduce the need for all my meds (too numerous to mention in a first post). I just boiled a dozen eggs for those "just in case" moments.

Day 2 5:14 am. Today is a work day & I hope I am prepared to deal with the boredom that ensues daily. Which usually leads to making poor food choices. I think I am prepared with a Granny Smith Apple and some leftover ground beef & tomato soup. I wonder if peanut butter made from ground peanuts is allowed? Anyway. I have both Whole 30 books to read and a composition notebook to journal in with metallic pens (love it)!!! I also start Pure Barre this afternoon @ 4:15 - first exercise class in years! It's a combination of yoga, Pilates, and ballet. In 30 days I will be riding my Mardi Gras float throwing beads feeling more energetic and well-rested than ever before! Bring it on Day 2!

Awesome making it through the first day! You can do it!

Just a note, peanut butter is not allowed, as heartbreaking as it is. I know I know. PB is the greatest thing on earth. But almond butter and cashew butter are pretty good alternatives :) For now. I've just made some almond butter and it's really good. Cashew butter I remember trying years ago. Will have to double check if it's allowed for Whole30. 

Good luck! I just finished day 2 myself. 

Day Two!!! Check!!! Plus attended the first exercise class I've taken in years & years. Pure Barre which is a combination of ballet, yoga, and Pilates done with tiny movements. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow. But class again @ 4:15 pm tomorrow. I'm committed and dedicated. Ready for Day 3!

Day Three on Whole 30 plus Day Two at Pure Barre. Those movements (lift, tone, pulse) are killers. Especially when you have not seen the inside of a gym in ages and ages. Food today was okay. I ate some pineapple (fresh) that burned the inside of my mouth especially my tongue. I read that the acid in pineapple will tenderize tough steak and it does that to your tongue if you are sensitive. Dumped the rest of the container. My tongue & mouth are still sensitive, raw, and sore. I'm drinking a ton of water to flush out the irritation but I would really like some yogurt or milk. And that's out of the question. So ready for some sleep & then Day 4.

Day Three on Whole 30 plus Day Two at Pure Barre. Those movements (lift, tone, pulse) are killers. Especially when you have not seen the inside of a gym in ages and ages. Food today was okay. I ate some pineapple (fresh) that burned the inside of my mouth especially my tongue. I read that the acid in pineapple will tenderize tough steak and it does that to your tongue if you are sensitive. Dumped the rest of the container. My tongue & mouth are still sensitive, raw, and sore. I'm drinking a ton of water to flush out the irritation but I would really like some yogurt or milk. And that's out of the question. So ready for some sleep & then Day 4.

Pineapple is one of the fruits that triggers oral allergy syndrome in me; it makes my lips/tounge itchy, tingly, and occasionally there is a burning sensation. You might want to look into that as a possible trigger behind your pineapple reaction.

Archived