water

catherinelaky

Funnily enough Dasani was pulled from the shelves within 5 weeks of it's introduction to the UK because the purification process wasn't all it was cracked up to be.... The British were a bit miffed about having to effectively pay for 'tap water' in a bottle. There was also some questioning of the need for the magnesium sulphate & potassium chloride, listed as ingredients, both of which could be toxic when ingested in large quantities.

Personally I'd go for plain old water over anything that has additives for additives sake (or possibly for the sake of leaving you feeling thirtsy & therefore wanting more of that wonderful purified water you just paid over the odds for....)

Just saying!

• Administrators

Ha, yes, Dasani will admit outright if you call them that their "source" is municipal water supply. If you quiz them further, they'll ultimately tell you that it's tap water; they have to tell you that because that's what it is. And this isn't just word of mouth, I actually called them a few years back. :)

What are you adding to your water for flavor? I am already sick of just water. I tried Green Tea over ice with lemon but didn't like it unsweetened. It is going to be a very long month without some more options. :)

Hi Whitney!  I personally love coconut & mint in my water, both tap and seltzer.  I keep a cucumber and package of mint in the fridge (or a mint plant during the summer) and pop a little in my big water tumbler each morning.  It's subtle and really refreshing.  Lime/lemon is also an easy go to.

During the summer I use fresh berries, grapes, whatever fresh fruit I have on hand.  

Archived