Theresa's accountability corner

MrsRitter

How can it be January again already? Resolutions come and go all too quickly for me. Luckily in October I successfully completed my first Whole 30 so I KNOW I CAN do this!  The holidays were tough for me as my father passed away in November, seems like I've been eating ever since with no ambition to do much of anything. I know it was part of my grieving process. Apparently I like to eat cookies to wallow in my sad times. Thankfully, I'm at a point I realize that putting the pounds back on isn't what's going to make me feel any better and it's certainly not what my dad would've wanted for me! So, here I am back for Round 2!  :)

My house still has many of the staples on hand I needed during Round 1 that I've continued to use in my cooking for myself and family. I will just need to keep on the meal prepping as I found in my first go-around that it's literally a life-saver for keeping me compliant.

January 4th is my start date! Let's do this! :huh: :D :)

Was just thinking about my first round. I lost about 12 pounds first go around, my pants got looser and my only complaint is that the first place my hubby noticed I'd lost weight was in my boobs! Yes, after denying it I got measured and ended up going down a whole cup size! Wish I could control where it came off! LOL  :P

Ended up with a snow day today due to freezing rain. Ate a good breakfast this morning all in compliance topped off with coffee doctored with cinnamon and unsweetened coconut milk. Had a little sweet craving and opted for some fresh fruit. ;)

Starting my Whole 30 at: Size 14, 222lbs. Will update at the end and see how things go. Weightloss is a goal but feeling better is an even bigger goal for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I was not prepared enough with my snacks and other food and derailed mid week last week. So, spent the weekend getting my foods prepped and ready to go and restarted yesterday! 

I will not feel guilty, instead I focused on what other factors made me choose to go of track. I know I crave very bad things when I'm on my period. Like, deep fried, bad things. I was having a rough couple days and I caved but I can see where my triggers are now. I feel better when I can say I said NO to whatever the not great foods are. I recognize how some of those food choices made me feel after eating them. Bloated, gassy and yucky. Then there was heartburn on top of that. Why do that to myself? Why eat things that make me feel gross or guilty feeling?

Today is my new day 2 and I have done well. One foot in front of the other, day by day. What goes on my fork is put there by me and not anyone else.

• 1 month later...

How are you doing now?  Can we have an update?  Here is my Whole30 story.  I began on January 6th -delayed because of a cold.  Thought I was doing great until day 27 when I found out stevia leaf was part of my daily bedtime tea!  I still had a cough so I took a few days still eating compliantly but took some medication to help calm the cough which it did and some fisherman's friends cough drops (with some sugar).  Started again on February 2nd being totally compliant and am still at it.  I did weigh myself after the 27 days and was down five pounds.  (started at 189) and at 5.6" I've got a ways to go with weight but it;s going to be a lifestyle choice which I am happy about.  Not sure if I've lost any additional weight but I feel good.  I hope you are feeling well also!  It does seem to get easier the longer I am into it.

Archived