CB's log

Cbg84

Day 9

Had trouble falling asleep last night but finally did around 12. I seem to keep waking up around 7:30 to pee. I should definitely start just getting up then. Instead I snoozed a little more until about 9:30

M1 10

*Last half serving of casserole with sweet potato, Brussels, onion, and ground pork

*Topped with 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 avacado, and broccoli florets

Kind of over eggs. Avacado wasn't that great either.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stomach was a little unhappy after breakfast. Then I started spotting and getting pretty awful cramps. Is my inflammation just getting worse before it gets better? I really hope it's better soon! Didn't really feel hungry for lunch but ate anyway and enjoyed it. We were slow so eating wasn't really an issue today.

Meal 2 3:00

*Chuck roast cooked in beef bone broth with onions, bacon, and cherry tomatoes (from Nom Nom - I think I enjoyed it more with wine and cheap bacon but still tasty)

*About 1/4 bag Sams green beans

Then got a ginger kombucha after work. Thought about working out but my stomach isn't wanting that so I'm going to do some cooking and meal planning tonight and try to do somethings tomorrow.

Was feeling very very hungry at 7:30 and dinner was still cooking. (I knew I needed to eat those carrots I had packed in my lunch.) So at 7:45 I decided I could have a little soup as my appetizer and it definitely kept me focused and sane enough to finish up. Then I ate the rest at 8.

Day 9 M3

*2 chicken drumsticks plus a little off the breast

*Large portion of okra roasted in chicken drippings until nice and crispy (probably almost 2 cups)

*Mashed Japanese sweet potatoes with ghee and coconut milk (about 3/4 large potato)

*Half a mug of broccoli soup (it's growing on me I may make it again sometime)

Made chicken salad for myself and mel with the extra chicken. I roasted 2 at a time (no problem and they went faster than I expected even though it was around 8 pounds) so I have legs for tomorrow too. Chicken legs are such a comfort food for me. Im feeling pretty good. Just wish I didn't have cramps. Period isn't due for two weeks so either I'm getting it early (which I have read is possible) or its just my inflammation. I obviously can't drink for the pain and I don't want to take aleve (is that even compliant?) Hopefully it will be better tomorrow because I want to workout!

Either drank 3.5 or 4.5 bottles of water. Why am I terrible at keeping track? 4 is my goal but 3.5 is enough.

Yup 7:30 is when my body wants to be up apparently. Went to sleep around 12 and woke at 7:32. I'm still having cramps and bleeding. Searched the forums and found its pretty common even on bc so I'm not really worried about it just annoyed (but not annoyed enough to drink a glass of wine or anything). It's 8 now and I'm going to get my breakfast.

Day 10 M1

*2 primal palate sausages (chicken & pork)

*1 hard boiled egg

*Serving roasted carrots

*Serving green beans with a touch of ghee

*Globe of mayo

I was thinking yesterday how easy this whole 30 feels. Obviously the cooking and cleaning up isn't the easiest but I haven't even been a little bit tempted. My meals haven't even been that amazing. I think it's just that I know this is what I need for soo many reasons and it feels good to be doing something for myself. I'm in a much different place that I was during my first whole 30. The same place, but somehow so different. Like, I feel like I've grown up or something in the past year and a half. This time, I knew this isn't about a diet or just doing what is healthy, but really finding out what my body needs. I'm excited to open reintroductions (scared and excited), but I also really do want to stay on this for over 30 days.

Yesterday was a busy day, but a good one. I ran around to the bank and multiple stores, did laundry and dishes, and fed myself and matt 3 full meals. It felt good to be so accomplished. I was running errands which of course took longer than expected and was hoping to just get a hard boiled egg or some plain chicken off the bar at WF when I realized the one in West County has a few paleo options. I had to read the ingredients like 6 times to be sure they were ok. There was some fish or stew or something but it contained honey, a sign for butternut squash but it was empty, but the broccoli and chicken wings were both compliant and made with coconut oil!

Day 10 M2 (mini meal) 12:30

*4 chicken wings

*small serving of broccoli cooked in coconut oil and coconut aminos

The broccoli was undercooked and the wings needed a bit more flavor but it definitely kept me sane and gave me energy to run the rest of my errands without even being tempted by samples!

M3 4:00

*2 chicken legs with some meat off the breast

*leftover okra (make more)

*small serving of Japanese sweet potato (I couldn't finish the rest)

M4 9:30

*10 cherry tomatoes topped with half a small avacado and sea salt

*3 chicken thighs baked with dijon mustard, balsamic, and olive oil (was good but not something I'm dying to do again)

*maybe 2 carrots (chopped up and cooked under the chicken - they didn't cook enough)

*1/3 bag of sams green beans cooked with an onion, pack of prosciutto, a little ghee and a few splashes bone broth

*filled the rest of my plate with roasted butternut squash and calabaza squash (told matt we need bigger plates)

*small bowl of strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with a few spoons coconut milk

Got my water in and by 11 I was ready to pass out and went right to sleep.

Day 11! Slept from about 11:30 to a few minutes after 9. Probably would have slept really well if matt and bailey hadn't been tossing and turning all night, but not bad. Matt saw these cauliflower hash browns on Facebook or something so he bought a cauliflower to try them and I riced it yesterday. (Which by the way, I never took time to celebrate the fact that while I cried the first time I tried to make it, it's sooooo easy). The hash browns didn't work. I couldn't get them to stay together and I was just getting frustrated. I also was really hungry this morning despite the huge dinner last night. So while I was getting breakfast together, (and because I wanted to eat within an hour) I poured a half a mug of broccoli soup. Yum

Day 11 M1 10:00

*small mug of broccoli soup

*palm size portion of kahlua pig (could have used a little more salt but good)

*1/8 head of riced cauliflower mixed with one egg and 1/2 onion

*one fried egg

*1 cup roasted butternut squash

Didn't feel hungry for lunch until matt offered salmon. Then I realized I was hungry!

M2 3:45

*6oz piece of salmon with lemon, garlic and capers (matt almost added broth but realized it has yucky stuff in it and caught himself - it's sweet how much he's trying to be supportive)

*1/2 large zucchini steamed

*1/3 bag green beans with onion and prosciutto (leftovers from last night)

Felt full, but should have had more veggies and fat. It's barely 8am and I'm hungry.

Had dinner last night around 8:45. Used that big glass salad bowl from my college dishes and it was over 1/2 full.

Day 11 M3

*last serving leftover mashed Japanese sweet potatoes with coconut milk and ghee

*nom nom paleo chuck roast with bone broth, bacon, onions, cherry tomatoes

*1/3 bag sams green beans poured on top

Went to sleep before 12 and slept pretty well. Woke up to pee at 7:20 and then snoozed some more until 9:10. Breakfast started at 9:30 but it's cooling off and I'm thinking I may just come back to it as I'm going out the door.

Day 12 M1

*1/4 piece of casserole containing 9 eggs, 1 pound ground chicken, half a large onion, half a large zucchini, 2 handfuls of spinach, broccoli florets, and sautéed mushrooms.

It's going to be a long day. But I have lunch packed and ideas for dinner

Didn't check in all weekend (work work work) but I did stay compliant. (Despite really wanting wine Saturday night. I had a bubble bath and read chic lit instead.) But I will log my meals.

Day 12 M2

*Chicken salad made with chicken from.a whole one I roasted, grapes, homemade mayo, a few walnuts and some celery

*Thermos of Paleo Leap pumpkin soup

*Oven roasted carrots and broccoli

Day 12 M3

*Cauliflower rice with onions

*Roasted butternut squash

*Brussel sprouts

*Leftover kahlua pig

*All topped with tessamaes bbq and a blob of mayo

Day 13 M1

*1/4 pice of same casserole as day 12

*handful of green beans

*glob of mayo

Day 13 M2 (busy at work didn't get enough time for as much as I should have)

*Rest of the chicken salad from day 12

*Thermos full of pumpkin soup

*Green kombucha

Day 13 M3

*Large serving of chuck roast done in crockpot with salt pepper and a dan of diced tomatoes (thank you to the forums this was delicious and easy!)

*1 huge zucchini spiralized and sautéed in ghee and garlic

*1 small box of blueberries with a splash of coconut milk

Day 14 M1

*Large bowl of pumpkin soup topped with palm sized portion kahlua pig and lots of broccoli florets

Day 14 M2

*Leftover chuck roast from day 13

*Plate full of broccoli, carrots, and Brussel sprouts

Looking at that meal now, I get why I got kind of sad and Iredell before dinner - the only fat was in the meat itself. I should have had a handful of olives also. I think my hunger cues have changed. I no longer get hangry, but I seem to get kind of sleery and just blah. I disn't think I was hungry, but I definitely was.

Day 14 M3

*1 piece flounder and about 5 or 6 sea scallops in homemade marinara

*Almost half a bag of green beans with onion and prosciutto

*Maybe 5 chunks roasted butternut squash

Went to sleep around 12, slept very well and woke up before my alarm around 9.

Day 15 M1 9:30

*2 primal palate sausages (if I do make these again I have to tone down the spice)

*1/4 casserole with 9 eggs, 2 cups mushrooms, large onion, a few bits of zucchini and sweet potato, and 4 oz coconut milk

*handful Brussel sprouts

*glob of mayo

*small mug of beef bone broth

Day 15 M2 (this definitely suffered bc I pulled out my lunch box around 2:30 and then got 6 new needy tables)

*2 well fed salmon cakes dipped in very little dill lemon mayo (dipping took too much time, also these cakes were very salty even for ME)

*5 garlic pickle spears (glad I picked these up, they were very tasty)

*20 cherry tomatoes

*few spoonfuls broccoli soup (pulled from freezer and didn't realize how little there was left)

Day 15 M3 7:30

*Half trilogy kombucha

*Bed of romaine topped with 1/4 apple, 1/4 avacado, 7 pecans, 5 figs, cilantro, maybe 5 oz ground turkey mixed with onions, all drizzled lightlyrics with coconut oil

*Handful butternut squash

*Almost a whole tray of roasted okra

I knew the squash would be good on the salad, but the okra actually was too! And the okra tasted sooooo good.

I just need to keep working to figure out how to handle my lunch situation. Maybe I should play with timing or mini meals. I'm planning to make spinach/meat muffins Wednesday and was thinking I would eat them for breakfast, but that might actually be an easy lunch thing. I was also thinking of doing some zucchini cakes or egg food young. I'll figure it out some day. Or one day I'll think I have it figured out but then the next day will be a different situation. Lol. I'm not worried about it right now.

Tuesday January 19th - day 16

Went to sleep around little before 12, woke up a few times (random but was able to get back to sleep easily) and got up without alarm at 840. Got dinner in the crockpot and am now enjoying breakfast at 9:15.

Day 16 M1

*1/4 same casserole as yesterday

*1 primal palate sausage with a tiny taste of mayo (didn't have any more)

*bundle green beans with prosciutto

*1/4 piece avacado

*1/4 small apple

*small pile ground turkey with onions

This was a big throw together of what I needed to use, and what I needed to get a full template meal, but it is delicious. My casserole is cooled off so I'm going to save the last 3 or 4 bites for as I'm walking out the door in about an hour.

Day 16 M2 (2:15-3:30)

*Thermos full of last of Paleo Leap pumpkin soup (about 16 oz)

*2 Well Fed salmon cakes (packed 3 but couldn't eat them all) dipped in a little lemon dill aioli (mayo, dill, lemon)

*About 1/2 large raw yellow pepper (cut a whole one but shared)

*5 or 6 hazelnut stuffed olives

*Bundle of leftover okra (great even cold)

We were slow so eating wasn't really a problem, but it's still something that is going to take a while. My stomach is kind of rumbly now. Not too bad, but not normal. I'm afraid it's from the peppers. I still really love them and just bought 2 more of course. I will probably give it another chance.

I feel like I have been pooping more often. Nothing crazy, but a little bit more. Also, it feels more satisfying when I go.

Was bleeding a bit just now. Not due for my period until next week. Again don't know if it's breakthrough or spotting from my inflammation. Dont seem to have crsmps this time though. Hopefully it goes away soon, but I intend to keep going as long as I need.

Mel and char wanted dinner at 715 but it was way too early for me. I got theirs ready and came back for mine around 9. I'm glad I waited until I was hungry and didn't just eat with them to be social.

Day 16 M3

*small bowl of romaine and mixed greens topped with 6 cherry tomatoes, 8 black olives, 6 pecans, about half a cup of butternut squash, and tessamaes Caesar (this was thrown together as an afterthought with whatever I had but was really really tasty)

*plate full of cauliflower rice topped with Chuck roast cooked with can of tomatoes (yes I made it again it was that good)

I keep saying I'm going to work out and I swear I will get there!

I was thinking about giving up coffee but I don't quite feel ready for that right now. I only drink 1 cup of black cold brew and it doesn't even taste that great some days. Last week I even forgot to drink it for hours. I think I will try to get there in a bit. Make my cups smaller, maybe for tea once a week. I'm in no rush

Went to sleep around 11:30. Didn't sleep great but ok. Woke up at 7 and tried to get more sleep but it didn't work. So I got up finally to make breakfast.

Day 17 M1 8:15

*4 eggs scrambled with 1/2 cup Brussel sprouts and an oz of coconut milk, served on a bed of mixed greens

*Half large sweet potato drizzled with ghee, topped with salt and cinnamon

HAD to "go" mmediately after breakfast. I noticed it had flex of something in it that looked like corn. Obviously I'm not eating corn. I noticed this last week after eating butternut, so now I'm wondering if I'm having trouble digesting some starchy veggies. Will have to keep an eye on that. Also probably could have eaten more for M1 because I was definitely getting tired and grumpy by 1.

Day 17 M2 1:30

*Bowl of nom nom paleo quick tomato soup

*1/2 raw orange pepper

*3 well fed salmon cakes over a handful of romaine plus about 2 oz mixed greens with a giant glob of mayo

The cakes are really good over the mixed greens! The romaine was too overpowering. Not sure how I feel about that soup. The fire roasted-Ness of it is kind of a lot. I was planning to have some okra or broccoli or carrots done so I would have had a heartier veggie also, but they weren't done and I just knew I had to eat before I got too grumpy.

In was in a bad mood tonight. I burned a hole in bag of coconut flour, my spin achieving wasn't thawing, everything was just really annoying. I waited for Matt to eat, but he's not even hungry yet so that annoyed me to. Anyway

Day 17 M4 9:30

*small salad of a handful of cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm and 1/4 small avacado lightly drizzled with avacado oil

*2.5 chicken thighs topped with a spoon of cilantro pepita pesto (taken from work after I made sure it was compliant)

*Handful roasted carrots

*Half large plate full of broccoli sautéed with garlic and bone broth

*1/2 small apple with ghee and cinnamon (I was just reading that this could be considered SWYPO but I honestly enjoyed the broccoli more. SWYPO for me is anything in a wine glass or anything in chip form)

Day 19! Yes I skipped logging yesterday. I'll go back and do it later bc I have a bit to say. But I didn't want to get too far behind so I'll start today now.

Slept from little after 11 until about 8:45. Nose is dry and I have a headache but feel better than yesterday.

M1 9:15

*2 chicken and blueberry "muffins" (not sure how I feel about these)

*2 eggs sautéed with 1/4 avacado, handful broccoli, and 2 handfuls miced greens

*Big bunch roasted carrots

*Small blob of mayo

*Mug of tea (I'm out of coffee anyway and hoping this may help my headache)

Day 19 M2 3:15

*Handful of mixed greens with elk patty burger topped with half an onion and 2 oz baby portabella mushrooms sautéed in ghee with a touch of coconut aminos

*1 Well Fed salmon cake

*1 pickle spear

*1 small red potato

*half a tray of roasted okra

*dollop of mayo

This was a big delicious meal (though I won't buy the elk again), as I'm working tonight and want to be ok. Also hoping that eating towards the higher end of the template for a few days will help with my headache and get me back to that awesome feeling I had last week. Plus it wasn't a struggle to eat it all.

Lunch was definitely big enough because it's 830 and I'm not hungry. My stomach is slightly upset though. And I just looked at my poop and saw the spots in it like before and this time I realized it looks more like seeds. Omg duh it's okra seeds isn't it?? Hmm I'll have to look into if that's a bad thing. Dinner will be well fed chocolate chili over spaghetti squash. Maybe some broccoli and avacado. Need to get a good night sleep.

Well I realized last night that there was no spaghetti squash with the chilI and it was just a huge portion. So I took about half and added a cup of broccoli and a scant half cup of butternut squash. Topped with a tiny bit of avacado that was decent, a few black olives, and a small dollop of mayo. I LOVE that chilli! But I ate it too close to bedtime and that is something I wanted to be better about this time since I couldn't last time. Slept a little after 11 until a few minutes before my alarm went off at 9.

Day 20 M1 915

*8oz mug tomato soup

*3 chicken blueberry "muffins"

*2 pickle spears

*2 big handfuls mixed greens

*small dollop mayo

Veggies were a little on the lighter side, as I was nervous to eat okra again so soon (though I might try at lunch or dinner) and raw carrots and radish sounded awful this early. It Saturday so I'll be at mission then heading to GF.

Was busy at work and jimmy was in a mood so shoved 1 Well fed meat and spinach muffin in my mouth around 2:45. These are good I will need to make again and experiment with other meats/seasonings. Then on the drive over I ate the following

Day 20 M2 (4:45)

*1 more well Fed spinach meat muffins

*2 zuchinni fritters (don't love these even though I was really hoping I would)

*1/2 container baby carrots and radish slices

*container wholly guacamole

*few dips of mayo

Day 20 M3 10:00

*3 pickle spears

*serving well fed chocolate chili

*cup of broccoli

*couple cubes butternut squash

*1/2 cup okra

*1 fried egg (because the chili looked like it was mostly veggies left and a little light on the meat)

*about 10 cherry tomatoes

*dollop mayo

My voice was a little scratchy this morning and I think my allergies/sinus thing is annoying me again. My back was also killing me today. Not sure if that is from making salads (lots of bending over for plates and chopping and stuff I'm not used to) or if it's pms coming or or what, but I really debated taking one of my prescription aleve at one point. I didn't though, and hopefully it was just soreness that will be better tomorrow. I should probably invest in a bottle of Tylenol so I have that around should I really need something. It's midnight and I'm getting tired. Food prep tomorrow and I swear I'll log that missing day before I forget.

I didn't feel all that tired last night. Matt was ready to go to bed before me which never happens, but once I got in bed I went right to sleep. Slept great from about 1230 until I woke up at 730 to pee, then went back to sleep until we both woke up around 840. Matt was planning to eat the last of my meat muffins (noooo I need those for lunch) and we only had 2 eggs left so I had to think quick. Came out pretty good.

Day 21 M1

*8oz last of the quick tomato soup

*bubba sweet onion burger (maybe I cooked on too high heat but I wasn't impressed)

*2 slices pedersons bacon

*1 fried egg

*1/2 onion and maybe 3 oz mushrooms sautéed in bacon fat

*handful mixed greens

Forgot to drink any coffee and actually had plenty of energy. Ran errands, cleaned out the fridge entirely, and cooked some. For lunch matt said he wanted tacos so we made "tacos".

Breakfast was at 915. Lunch was almost 3 and I was just starting to feel hungry, even after seeing all the samples at costco!

Day 21 M2

*ground turkey cooked with salt, garlic powder and paprika (b/c the taco seasoning we had contained many questionable thing and wheat. Why?)

*4 big pieces of iceberg lettuce as wrappers (I usually choose romaine but I enjoyed the texture a lot)

*topped with compliant salsa, and about 10 cherry tomatoes

*side dish of half a bag (little over a cup)target frozen veggies (carrots, green beans, squash, cauliflower) topped with garlic salt and a dollop of mayo

Day 21 M3 8:30

*6 oz Well Fed cauliflower soup (should have made a double batch)

*serving of pork tenderloin with dijon mustard

*1 cup roasted cauliflower

*1/2 cup butternut squash

*6 strawberries with coconut milk

Feel really good and accomplished and together today. Of course I'm due to start Wednesday so this could be an interesting week.

OK so Thursday was the lost day. Idk why I didn't log. Some nights I don't mind getting on the forum but I don't want to actually writem about myself. Silly right?

Anyway on day 18 I know I ate 3 blueberry chicken "muffins" some sort of veggies (okra or broccoli) and mayo for meal 1. Matt and I also were together for the 2nd time during this whole 30. (The first was early on and was amazing as I was really into it the minute he touched me for some reason.) This time was sort of uncomfortable at first but not enough to stop. Sort of sad because obviously my inflammation is still there and it may just be something I have to deal with all my life. Then I got a light wave of nausea/dizziness at work (maybe 2ish). I thought maybe I was hungry but looking back in think it was my sinus thing clogging up my head. (Why is this coming back? I thought it was gone, and was hoping that not having dairy would really help. I don't want to have to take mucinex but fortunately it hasn't been TOO bad again. So maybe it would be worse if I wasn't whole30.) Either way pulling out my warm tomato soup helped. But then the soup was giving me heartburn. It didnt last long, just kind of as the soup went down. Also ate 2 spinach meat muffins and some veggies (I think raw pepper) and mayo. Pepper didn't bug me this day! I think I need to be careful with it though. Then dinner was leftover chuck roast in tomatoes with some veggies and a half a small avacado. I felt like I almost gagged on the fat of the meat at one point but I choked it down and went to bed probably too quickly after.

I think it's very good for me to log my meals so that I can see if I'm missing anything and so that if I do have any issues I can look back for any patterns. Going forward I'm going to try to be better about logging every meal and my thoughts feelings.

Slept great. Fell asleep around midnight then woke up to pee around 630. Then woke up again around 745 but snoozed until my alarm at 823 when I got up to get breakfast immediately.

Day 22 M1

*2 blueberry chicken "muffins" (heated up 3 but couldn't finish)

*bowl Well Fed cauliflower soup

*about 1/2 cup roasted broccoli and carrots

*big bed of mixed greens (I know they don't count for much i just like them)

*big blob mayo

Here's to a great Monday!

M2 2:00 to 3:00

*2 Well Fed meat muffins

*1 zucchini fritter

*about 1.5 cups raw carrots and radish

*wholly guacamole container

*small blob mayo

It's somewhat warm so I took bailey for a walk. Only went about 20 min. but it felt like exercise. That's pretty pathetic but I'm going to look at it positively instead and focus on the fact that we both got some fresh air and excercise. We can work out way up to some longer walks again. :)

I didn't feel like a 20 min walk warranted a post workout meal, but about 20 min after I got back my legs hurt, my head was starting to hurt, and I was feeling tired so I figured a few bites couldn't hurt. So I grabbed some roasted butternut and ground turkey. It was like 6 bites (turkey tasted blah, squash tasted great) but it seemed to help my head and my energy. I don't think I put much into my pre and post workout meals during my fist whole 30 even though I was working out almost every day. It kinda scares me. Yea that's really stupid. It's just going to be trial and error to figure out one more thing. Once I actually start working out for real again. Anyway,

Day 22 M3 7:15

*1/2 pound new York strip steak seasoned with salt and cooked in coconut oil in the oven (super cheap at United and I realized I haven't had steak in a while)

*last 2 zuchinni fritters

*small handful roasted broccoli & cauliflower

*almost 1/2 a bag TJ's teeny tiny potatoes roasted with ghee and garlic salt (these were so cute and tasty too - wish I'd bought 2 bags)

*small salad of 10 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avacado, hearts of palm drizzled very lightly with olive oil

*small dollop mayo for some dipping

It was simple and tasty and I didn't overcook the steak!

I'm feeling like I have more steady energy. I am due to start Wednesday so that makes me a little nervous. I remember being worried last time that I could get through a period without beer and potato chips, but had zero problem. I hope it's like that again, but it could be totally different this this time. I already have been having a backache for a few days. Either way, I'll get through it. I'm not even tempted to stop. The only thing I really truly miss is alcohol. And really, I'm probably much happier without it. So why do I want it back? I know mel wants to go out and enjoy her bday but I told matt yesterday I'm not sure I'm ready to bring alcohol back just yet. I could feel differently next week though. I just know that it is a slippery slope for me. I may say I'll have 2 glasses, but then have a whole bottle (or more) and won't say no when someone hands me cheese and cake, and then will come home and order dominoes. And then it will be that much harder to start at day 1 again. I still have over a week to think about it so I shouldnt be stressing. I'm going to go relax with Army Wives and I'll check in again tomorrow.

Archived