Amara's Whole30 (Attempt #2) Jan 4th Start

OnlyAmz

D20M2 was clam chowder created by my loving husband with compliant ingredients. It was good. I do prefer his non-compliant version though.

We had an event to attend last night so D20M3 was in a restaurant. Not a lot of options there so I had a Cobb style salad with grilled chicken. I ate some of the house made Italian dressing served with it though I wasn't sure of what kind of oil was used. Some sort of vegetable oil I was told.

I've been fighting a cold all week and it sucks! Achy neck and shoulders, scratchy throat and a mild headache that comes and goes. I've been like that since Tuesday and really wish it would either develop into a full blown cold or go the heck away, none of this half-assed stuff. Lol

Sleep hasn't been the greatest this week either. I haven't been able to fall asleep at a reasonable time so I've only been getting about 6 hours a night. I'm sure it's contributing to how I feel as well. Had 9 hours last night but woke up with a headache. Not fun.

We'll see what the week brings. For now I'm going to make some coffee and maybe some fish for M1.

D21M1 was poached sole and Brussels sprouts with clarified butter, salt n pepper & spices.

D21M2 was canned smoked oysters, pickles & olives. (Pickles are a vegetable right? Jk I really need to stock up on veg! Haven't been to a grocery store in a few days)

D21M3 was roast beef, a small white potato, carrots & rutabaga. Attempted a gravy thickened with arrowroot but didn't like the texture. Husband made Yorkshire pudding and regular gravy, I wanted to throttle him! Not really though, I'm really happy with how I feel and the brief moment of temptation passed so quickly that it was barely a blip in my day.

Exercise was cleaning, movement is still limited but getting better slowly.

This week my non-scale victory is that my face feels so smooth and amazing! I don't remember a time when I didn't have blackheads on my nose and now I have visibly fewer. I saw my hairdresser yesterday and she asked what I was doing because I'm apparently "glowing". Yay for glowing!

Goal for next week... More veg!

I'm starting to plan my reintroduction schedule, first thing will be cheese! Don't really care about other dairy much except occasional cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. Day 31 Will be a bit cheesy

I can't believe it's Day 22 already and also, why the hell isn't it Day 30 already! lol

I drank coffee late in the afternoon yesterday, not something I often do. So, I was up all damn night  <_< but feel freaking awesome today in spite of it.

D22M1 was leftover clam chowder.

D22M2 was leftover roast beef, a small white potato, carrots and rutabaga.

Appt with my Dr today, hope she can guide me to something other than chiropractic and massage therapy because I am definitely not healing as quickly as I'd like. Going from feeling so lethargic for so long to having mounds of energy and not being able to do much is a bit frustrating. That being said, I do count myself as lucky to not have any serious health issues like so many people that I'm reading about. A little back, hip, leg pain is nothing compared to the mountains others have to climb.

D22M3 was fried eggs with sautéed savoy cabbage, onion & garlic. Odd combo but tasty and I still haven't made it to the grocery store to pick up veggies so made due with what I had.

Dr appt went well, she recommended a physiotherapist so I'm going to find one. I had to get weighed there and there was no way in hell I wasn't going to find out what I was at! Lol So I've lost about 12 lbs since Jan 4th. That's nice but I was more impressed by having to cinch my belt up. I was super excited by that :-D

D23M1 was turkey breast, olives, cucumber & tomato and an orange.

D23M2 was a staff lunch out and since nobody was terribly pushy about where to go I suggested the same place I went to last week and had the same thing... sirloin steak, steamed broccoli and a half an avocado.

D23M3 was pork tenderloin stuffed with hot Italian sausage (because pork stuffed pork is always a good idea!) and baked in stewed tomatoes and green & red peppers. Sort of cacciatore or hunter style sauce, it was amazing! The carboholics in my life had it with penne noodles and I ate it alone. Bratty carboholics tossed it all together before throwing it in the fridge so I don't get any leftovers  :( stupid noodles!

I'm still not getting to sleep well, time to change my nighttime routine a bit I guess. And maybe make sure to not have any caffeine in the afternoon, cut out the black tea and only drink herbal.

D24M1 was turkey breast and a side of coconut milk with blueberries.

D24M2 will be roast beef, broccoli slaw & carrots (not sure if veg will be raw or steamed in the nuker, probably the latter) and a half avocado.

D24M3 was scrambled eggs with leftover potatoes, rutabaga, carrots from the roast the other night.

D25M1 was chicken breast on a salad of chopped cukes, tomato, avocado with balsamic vinegar as the dressing

D25M2 was turkey breast with fried potatoes and some raw carrots

D25M3 was scrambled eggs and a side of melon, pineapple and strawberries

Today is Day 26. I can't believe how quick this went! I'm planning a March or April Whole30 with a friend, it will be her first. She's reading ISWF and the Whole30 book right now and I need February off to maybe have a beer, eat a chunk of pizza and plan for the next one (maybe all 3 at the same time!).

D26M1 was a banana. Probably bad but if I'm trying to learn to listen to my body and my body is telling me not to eat then should I be forcing myself to eat a full meal? I could barely finish the banana. I should have forced some protein down instead I suppose but I haven't had an off meal in a while so I'm not really caring at the moment.

D26M2 will be much better. Tuna & guacamole lettuce wraps and a side of steamed broccoli slaw. Or maybe I'll leave the slaw raw and throw it in the wraps too... Oh the possibilities!  :P

Archived