Frog's log

frogtox

Started my third Whole30 today and have never taken advantage of the log before, so thought I'd do so this time. 

My meal plan today: 

Breakfast: my daily egg plate (potatoes, beets fried in coconut oil, chicken breast, three eggs and kale) and coffee

Lunch: chicken cashew and mushroom wrap in romaine lettuce

Dinner: pulled pork, velvety butternut squash from well=fed and baked potato

I worked out this morning and didn't eat anything beforehand. Eating something PreWO is always hard for me... I will try again tomorrow. 

Went to the gym this morning on the struggle bus... very tired trying to run. I even choked down a hard boiled egg beforehand. But, I didn't bring water (rookie move) so that may have attributed.

Meals today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, half a potato, slice of beet, kale and pulled pork

Lunch: Salad with chicken, cashews, olives, and other veggies... avocado oil, cherry and vinegar dressing

Dinner: lemon artichoke chicken casserole with pureed cauliflower.

Went to the gym this morning on the struggle bus... very tired trying to run. I even choked down a hard boiled egg beforehand. But, I didn't bring water (rookie move) so that may have attributed.

Meals today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, half a potato, slice of beet, kale and pulled pork

Lunch: Salad with chicken, cashews, olives, and other veggies... avocado oil, cherry and vinegar dressing

Dinner: lemon artichoke chicken casserole with pureed cauliflower.

Lemon artichoke chicken sounds really good. I have 2 bags of kale in the fridge - your posts reminded me that I need to break them out! You'll get the workout thing together. How many days a week is your goal?

Lemon artichoke chicken sounds really good. I have 2 bags of kale in the fridge - your posts reminded me that I need to break them out! You'll get the workout thing together. How many days a week is your goal?

The chicken recipe is the easiest thing I've ever made. Chicken thighs, two sliced lemons and a can of artichoke hearts in a crock pot on low all day. Delish. :) 

I've just signed up for a half marathon and ideally I'd like to work out at least four days a week, with a long run on the weekends. I should have known better than to start training the first week of a whole30, but I'll push through! :) 

Today is my pottery class after work, so I had to prep both lunch and dinner to bring to work... which made me run late to I brought my eggs and potato mix in a thermos. Yuk.

Breakfast: three eggs, potato, slice of beet, kale, pork (in a thermos :\ )

Lunch: salad with chicken and lots of veggies, cashews and olives

Dinner: pulled pork with sunshine sauce, sweet potato, pineapple slice and half a cucumber

No workout today.. and it felt really good not getting out of bed early. :)

Ran three miles on the treadmill, and struggled a bit for the last one. Also did a little core and leg work. 

Breakfast: three eggs, chicken, half a baked potato, kale

Lunch: turkey, cashew and mushroom lettuce wrap with a banana

Dinner: crispy pork with lime and cilantro, butternut squash 

Day 8 and I'm feeling great. :) 

I'm loving how delicious all the food I'm eating is to me. I told my husband that if I had a professional chef to cook all my meals that I could eat like this all the time. Having said that, I spent about five hours in the kitchen yesterday cooking meals for this week. I made stuffed acorn squash, salmon cakes and pork ribs for later this week and cooked ground chicken mushroom and cashews for lettuce wraps. Baked six potatoes and three sweet potatoes. Grilled chicken tenderloin for salads this week, cooked chicken breast in the crock pot for chicken salad and stirring into breakfast eggs. Made sauce for my cole slaw and mayonnaise for my chicken salad. Boiled eggs and chopped veggies.  I feel really ready for this week. 

I ran four miles Saturday and didn't have that much of a problem, so am thinking of bumping it up to five this weekend. That depends on how much I get to run during the week... there's a bunch of snow predicted. 

Day 10! I went to the gym this morning and ran four miles without a problem. I didn't eat anything beforehand, but it seemed ok.

Breakfast: three eggs, half a potato, cup of kale and handful of pulled pork

Lunch: chicken salad with pecans and cherries on celery stalks

Dinner: quarter of a stuffed acorn squash with a chicken cashew lettuce wrap

I"m feeling pretty good. A little moody last night and today, but I can be moody on a good day. Feels good knowing I'm about a third of the way there, with the hard part behind me.

Archived