Are all meats equal?

mars6412

Hi! On my first day of W30, round 2! Recruited 5 newbies so I'll have some great support. I know the book suggests looking at meals like Meal 1, 2 and 3 instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner, but should we limit certain meats to only once a day? I had eggs in the morning and eening, should I try to incorporate different types of meats at each meal? Or are any compliant meats equal, regardless of how many times a day you have them?

Thanks!

• Administrators

If you do eat animal proteins besides just eggs, then getting a variety over your days is a good idea. But if you want to or are pressed, eating eggs for a couple meals a day isn't going to hurt you. Lots of people batch cook so they end up eating a bunch of chicken all week or pulled pork for 5 meals in a row. There's nothing wrong with that, just change it up as you can.

I'm not sure I understand the equal part of your question.

While you could have the same protein more than once a day, my concern would be that's a path to food boredom pretty quickly.

I'd encourage you to mix it up.

I batch cook a lot because my weeks are super busy, but I try to cook two different batches for weeks when I know I won't make it home for dinner more often than not. So I'll throw a pork shoulder in the crock pot while I'm making chicken meatballs or something like that. Then, even though I'm eating the same thing all week, there's a bit of variety. Also means there's always something compliant/healthy waiting for me in the fridge if I wake up late. Pulled pork for breakfast, anyone? ;) 

Archived