Type 2 and Blood Sugar

• Moderators

That's a difficult thing to say because everyone's hormones are different and everyone comes from a different place... some more or less metabolically deranged than others... 

There are a TON of threads on here about Type2 and whole30.  Just type 'whole 30 + Type 2' into google and you'll get tons of results.

I've started a search for you here

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=whole+30+type+2+diabetes+forum

• Moderators

We recommend that you talk with your doctor in advance of beginning a Whole30 because changes in blood sugar levels and consequently appropriate medication levels can change rapidly.

If you post a review of what you have been eating for the past few days, we might be able to offer some feedback about how it might affect blood sugar.

I am not too worried about what I am eating. I am already feeling better and seeing a change to my cravings and my face doesn't itch anymore. 

I wanted an idea of when I can expect something to change. I realize everyone is different. But if 5 people gave me 5 different points in their whole 30 I could figure out  a median of when I might see a change.

I am not too worried about what I am eating. I am already feeling better and seeing a change to my cravings and my face doesn't itch anymore. 

I wanted an idea of when I can expect something to change. I realize everyone is different. But if 5 people gave me 5 different points in their whole 30 I could figure out  a median of when I might see a change.

I was pre-diabetic (but well on the way to Type 2) with highly erratic blood sugar. I saw some changes in my fasted blood sugar (first measure, before any food) within about 2 weeks. Yep, that's "was", I'm now in the "normal" range, so it really does work.

I highly recommend sticking to the templates and meal timing (eating within one hour of waking). This is one of the things that makes a really big difference for me. Before my first Whole30, I'd never eaten fruit with a meal or with fats and it was really nasty on my blood sugar. Now I can eat fruit without feeling sick.

If you're on any medication, let your doctor know of your current plans, if you blood sugar gets too low (as you improve but your medication remains the same) you can get dangerous lows and put yourself at risk. If your doctor is funny about you having your own plan, just call it "no processed food", I have yet to find a doctor who thinks more processed food is a good idea ;)

I am on Day 6 -- although I did have to start over because I did not read the Grey Pupon label -- and I have already started seeing changes in my numbers. Before starting, my morning numbers were usually around 240 or 250. This week, I started getting morning readings of 180 to 190. Today I had an after lunch reading of 122. 

I am sold. :)

I am on Day 6 -- although I did have to start over because I did not read the Grey Pupon label -- and I have already started seeing changes in my numbers. Before starting, my morning numbers were usually around 240 or 250. This week, I started getting morning readings of 180 to 190. Today I had an after lunch reading of 122. 

I am sold. :)

Way to go Eric! :D

Archived