HELP Fibromyalgia & IBS.. Egg and Nightshade-Free & low FODMAP recipes????

Hello I am new here.. I have read the whole 30 Book and planned to start on Jan 4th but soon became over whelmed with all the extra that I need to cut out due to my health issues.. I know that I won't be successful if I am not properly prepared as I have a major sugar addiction. 

I'm looking for resources for recipes that incorporate the egg and nightshades free plus the IBS low FODMAP restrictions..

The book is great but most of the recipes seem to have something that I cant have. 

I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old.. so dinners need to be something that they will also eat and isn't too time consuming to prepare.Leftovers for me for lunch would also be a huge bonus.

I need something for breakfast that I can perhaps make a head of time and eat on the go (while feeding them and getting out the door lol)

I hope to start on Monday Jan 11th. Some of my staples for cooking like tomato sauces, garlic and bell peppers I'm no longer supposed to eat :(

Please help as I don't really know where to go to get started...

thanks

• Administrators

Google would be your friend in this case, I think.  You can try googling "Whole30 AIP" and "Whole30 FODMAP" and go from there.

Mickey Trescott at Autoimmune Paleo would have a good amount of recipes for the AIP (nightshade/egg issue) part.  I don't have a tonne of experience with FODMAPS but the google search above will give you some extra info.

I eat low FODMAP and have other restrictions too. I modify most every recipe I find to fit my goals. It gets easier over time. If you have a few super favorite recipes you really want to stick with, share it and I can show you what I do?

Have you done the FODMAP elimination yet? If yes, have you started reintroducing to see what you can eat?

thank you everyone, I am feeling like I have a better handle on it now and am doing my shopping today to start tomorrow!!

Anyone have any suggestions for quick and easy breakfasts? I need something that I can make ahead of time and eat quickly while I get 2 little people fed and packed up and out the door lol

thank you 

I eat low FODMAP and have other restrictions too. I modify most every recipe I find to fit my goals. It gets easier over time. If you have a few super favorite recipes you really want to stick with, share it and I can show you what I do?

Have you done the FODMAP elimination yet? If yes, have you started reintroducing to see what you can eat?

No I have not done the FODMAP elimination yet..

what do you do for Breakfasts?

What I do for breakfast is the same as for all other meals. Just follow the template. Yesterday I had roasted chicken breast, mixed steamed veggies, ghee butter and Italian seasonings. Today I had a few eggs with curried mayo, green beans and carrots.

To make it quick and easy you can use leftovers, prep the night before, do a bulk prep on weekend or free time. The bulk prep is what I do. I'll roast a chicken , brown some beef, etc but not add seasonings. I use fresh or frozen veggies, add fats, then flavor. Frozen veggies are precut and cooked, they save me time. That way I can curry in a hurry :)

Breakfast is just another meal, but I've found that a great breakfast sets me up for a craving free, good energy day.

Anyone have any suggestions for quick and easy breakfasts? I need something that I can make ahead of time and eat quickly while I get 2 little people fed and packed up and out the door lol

You can make some really good egg/meat/veggie "muffins" (really just food baked in a muffin pan). They're easy to reheat in the microwave or just eat cold.

Some people prefer the veggies in their own "muffin" and the meat in a different "muffin".

Archived