Trying to find article on good fats and how to use them on Whole30

Ok, this is my 3rd Whole30. My friend is doing this one along with me.  Problem is, she is resistent to adding healthy fats to her meals.  I know on the meal template it says to add fats to every meal, but I can't find the reasoning behind WHY we need the fats.  Any articles out there that you guys can lead me to?

Ok, this is my 3rd Whole30. My friend is doing this one along with me.  Problem is, she is resistent to adding healthy fats to her meals.  I know on the meal template it says to add fats to every meal, but I can't find the reasoning behind WHY we need the fats.  Any articles out there that you guys can lead me to?

One of the the most important reasons is absorption, most people today have not been taught this in school but many of our vitamins and minerals do not absorb well into the body without sufficient fat. Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K all require fats to be absorbed correctly.

Another is what your body does with fat (Cosmopolitan mags tend to focus on where it goes, but completely skip the mechanics), things like cell maintenance are not things we want the body to do poorly.

This is one of my favourite articles about fats:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fats/#axzz3wPamjIBY

My favourite quote:

"Saturated fats serve critical roles in the human body. They make up 1/2 of cell membrane structure. They enhance calcium absorption and immune function. They aid in body’s synthesis of the essential fatty acids and provide a rich source of fat soluble vitamins."

Archived