What qualifies as fat?

Hello. Another question. Apologies if the answers are elsewhere. I can't seem to find them.

I understand that olives, nuts, oils (salald dressing etc), and avocado's count. However, I'm not quite sure what to do with oil food has been cooked in and especially when vegetables have been cooked with meat and therefore coated in the fat from the meat.

A couple of examples: I cooked 4 servings of beans in 2 TBS of olive oil. In that case, I assume I should add a little more fat to each meal with the beans.

I also cooked Brussels sprouts with chorizo. The Brussel sprouts are now coated in fat from the sausage (and delicious). Would that be sufficient in the fat department?

I've noticed a lot of the troubleshooting tips mention not eating enough fat and I just want to make sure I am doing my due diligence.

Thanks!

• Moderators

We generally advise that you add fat on top of cooking fat as while they may be a bit shiny, your brussels aren't really covered in that much fat. Have a look at the meal template and add the appropriate amount of fat... cooking fat is so negligible that it barely counts.

Also, by 'beans' I hope you mean green beans??

Archived