When does Day 1 start?

Qilue

Hi Everyone!

My hubby and I started our Whole 30 on the 1st, however this morning (day 6) I unconsciously licked my finger after buttering my daughter's toast. Well nuts! I tried to spit it out, but you know how that goes. While thumbing through the forums, trying to figure out if it qualified as a slip or not, I discovered that I had, unknowingly, eaten a non-compliant food a couple days ago anyway so I know I need to start over.

My question is: Because I licked the butter this morning does that mean that tomorrow is my Day 1? Or does it start today because I still plan to be compliant today?

Thanks for the help!

My question is: Because I licked the butter this morning does that mean that tomorrow is my Day 1? Or does it start today because I still plan to be compliant today?

Tomorrow would be your Day 1, but don't let it discourage you, I had a similar moment when I tried my first Whole30 and realized some of my "pure" spices were cut with maltodextrin :angry:

Restarting isn't a punishment, the restart is so you can get a full 30 days and the full benefits of the program, not shorting yourself of great results.

You can do this! You don't need to stop being compliant today, but tomorrow is your new Day 1 :)

Archived