Day 5

Iwilldothis

This is my 5th day, and for some stupid reason I am really struggling ! I started this because I get a lot of stomach pain and I wanted to see which of the foods I eat cause it. I don't really need to loose weight as such but a few pounds would be a bonus.

I just feel so fed up today, I don't know if it is all food related. Perhaps I am trying to look too far ahead? Just having a bad day I expect. The weekend is here and I know I won't tuck into my usual processed foods and I suppose that isn't helping the mood.

I am not seeing any real benefits yet, feel tired and down I know I have to give it time but if I feel like I am not going to manage it on day 5 what will I be like by day 10, 15 etc I thought it would only get hard later? Although I haven't felt tempted by food yet so what is my problem? Has anyone else gone through these feelings so early on? Can I still do this?

You CAN do this. What are your other options? More stomach pain? There is definitely a period of, really? Do I really want to do this? And when I really think about my emotional and physical food baggage, I think, I have GOT to do this....just to prove to myself I can eat clean for 30 days and give my body rest. I am on day 13 and while I don't have boundless energy yet, I do feel a huge weight off about my food choices. No more beating myself up for every bite I take!

You can do this....even through this weekend and the next. How do you know how good you could feel if you don't at least try. Don't give up!

I am not seeing any real benefits yet, feel tired and down I know I have to give it time but if I feel like I am not going to manage it on day 5 what will I be like by day 10, 15 etc I thought it would only get hard later? Although I haven't felt tempted by food yet so what is my problem? Has anyone else gone through these feelings so early on? Can I still do this?

YES you can still do this! You haven't even gotten through week one yet! You've got to give it the 30 days!

Honestly, it's very common for people to struggle in the beginning. Things start to work out around day 12-14. It might even be especially difficult for people with digestive issues. If their stuff doesn't resolve quickly (and it usually won't), they start thinking "what's the point? my stomach still hurts; why should I give up these other foods just to be dealing with the status quo?"

Give it an honest shot of the 30 days. Hang in there. We'll be happy to guide you through the rough patches here.

Try making some broth this weekend and sipping on cups of it. Broth is very good for digestion, and it's really great in the fall/winter months. SO warm and fuzzy.

Thanks for the encouragement, I have not had sore stomachs since I started except day 1 so u would think that would be enough to keep me on track. Part of the worry is if I am having such a down day today and I haven't even done a week what hope is there for me? I will keep coming on here today to help. Thank u again

This is my 5th day, and for some stupid reason I am really struggling ! I started this because I get a lot of stomach pain and I wanted to see which of the foods I eat cause it. I don't really need to loose weight as such but a few pounds would be a bonus.

I just feel so fed up today, I don't know if it is all food related. Perhaps I am trying to look too far ahead? Just having a bad day I expect. The weekend is here and I know I won't tuck into my usual processed foods and I suppose that isn't helping the mood.

Hey! I'm on Day 6! I want to encourage you to stick to the plan. I'm not thinking too far out. My goal is daily then weekly. Day by day I'm living the Whole30 life and days turn into weeks. Think less about how far you have to go and more about how far you've already come. 5 days is nothing to sneeze at. You should be proud. This little trick is working for me. Preparation has been so key for me too. I have food that I have prepared/cooked ready, or fruit and nuts in my bag in case I get stuck somewhere longer than I expect.

You can absolutely do this!

Be & Do Well

~SLTC

Archived