Is this a balanced breakfast?

Hi friends, I was wondering if I can get some tips for my breakfast. I'm 5'2 and 114lbs, is this a balanced breakfast?

-two slices of bacon

-splash of egg whites mixed with two eggs

-few handfuls of spinach cooked down

-small hand full of roasted cubed sweet potatoes

-(when I have them) 1/2 to 1/4 avocado

I'm hesitant because it may be too much fat and not enough veggies? Thanks for your help!

I think you could stand to increase the veggies a bit. If you have a hard time making it to lunch, I would say add another whole egg instead of just whites. But I'm not sure you need both the bacon AND the avocado (bacon is a fat on Whole 30), though the thought of bacon and avocado sounds yummy.

• Moderators

Hi friends, I was wondering if I can get some tips for my breakfast. I'm 5'2 and 114lbs, is this a balanced breakfast?

-two slices of bacon

-splash of egg whites mixed with two eggs

-few handfuls of spinach cooked down

-small hand full of roasted cubed sweet potatoes

-(when I have them) 1/2 to 1/4 avocado

I'm hesitant because it may be too much fat and not enough veggies? Thanks for your help!

I would recommend having a bit more green vegetable, since spinach cooked down isn't much bulk... 

Also, can you mention why you're having a splash of egg whites instead of just another egg?  An egg is a complete food when eaten with all its parts...

I would recommend having a bit more green vegetable, since spinach cooked down isn't much bulk... 

Also, can you mention why you're having a splash of egg whites instead of just another egg?  An egg is a complete food when eaten with all its parts...

I guess I add egg whites out of habit, I use to count macros so making sure I got enough protein was always key.

My 2 cents:

1. Make sure your bacon has only compliant ingredients. We highly recommend sourcing pasture-raised when eating bacon, over any other meats.

2. Go with 3 eggs, minimum. Forget the whites. Eat whole eggs.

You can do this!

Yup my bacon is compliant! And sounds good, next time I will go for three eggs.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Archived