exhausted by 2pm?

Hi all. I'm on Day 3 of my first Whole30. By 2pm yesterday I was exhausted. Yawning constantly and barely keeping my eyes open at work. Not normal behavior for me so I assumed it was a fluke...until today. Same thing. I'm so tired and wondering what could be causing this? Nothing has really changed, other than my diet. I never drank more than 1 morning cup of coffee, rarely drank soda, and occasionally had a piece of "pick-me-up" chocolate in the afternoons. Is this normal? 

• Administrators

Have you seen the Whole30 Timeline (check it out in my signature below). 

There's a lot going on in your body when you change your diet, especially if you were used to relying on sugar as the "pick me up".  Your body is learning that this easy to get at fuel source doesn't exist anymore and it hasn't quite figured out how to use fat for fuel.  It'll come, don't worry!

If you like, post a couple days of what you've been eating (include portions and meal timing) and we can take a look and see if there is any more directed feedback we can give you.

I'm on day 2 and am completely exhausted, as well.   It's just our bodies adjusting.  My cravings are also really bad, even though, I'm not hungry.  I just would love to stuff some chocolate in my face!  LOL  

I cannot wait for another week or two when I start feeling my tiger blood kick in!  

Good luck!

As Ladyshanny said if you'd like to post what you've been eating, indicating portion sizes, we can check that you're on the right track.

A chocolate craving can sometimes indicate a magnesium deficiency so it might be worth adding in a magnesium supplement. And for any other type of craving fat AND ONLY FAT is your friend... If a craving strikes that does not pass with a distraction technique, reach for a handful of olives, a spoonful of coconut oil, or a spoonful of mayo...

And don't forget to drink plenty of water!

I'm sorry you're so tired too, but I feel better knowing that I'm not alone!!

Good luck to you!

I'm on day 2 and am completely exhausted, as well.   It's just our bodies adjusting.  My cravings are also really bad, even though, I'm not hungry.  I just would love to stuff some chocolate in my face!  LOL  

I cannot wait for another week or two when I start feeling my tiger blood kick in!  

Good luck!

Thanks! I will keep an eye on it for a few days and if it doesn't get better I will be sure to share my meals and portions. No need to cause alarm if this is normal. 

Have you seen the Whole30 Timeline (check it out in my signature below). 

There's a lot going on in your body when you change your diet, especially if you were used to relying on sugar as the "pick me up".  Your body is learning that this easy to get at fuel source doesn't exist anymore and it hasn't quite figured out how to use fat for fuel.  It'll come, don't worry!

If you like, post a couple days of what you've been eating (include portions and meal timing) and we can take a look and see if there is any more directed feedback we can give you.

Archived