Wraps

Aniya

Pre Whole30 I frequently ate a flatbread wrap stuffed with raw spinach, mushrooms, shredded carrots, perhaps a handful of delivered almonds etc. I tried to use endive as a wrap - very messy. Could I make wraps from coconut flour and olive oil? ( I hope this isn't a "pancake" type question) I really just want a simple way to contain my veggies other than a bowl. Lol

Have you tried wrapping your salads in lettuce leaves?

What you're suggesting isn't exactly a pancake, but it IS an attempt to recreate an old food from compliant ingredient & no beuno for your Whole30 - sorry!

If you have a crispy lettuce like iceberg and it snaps rather than wrapping, make cups, san choy bau style, this guy has done a how to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrvHyO3FifE some people also trim the cup with scissors for a clean edge (I can't be bothered)

*but don't follow his recipe for a filling (not compliant!  :lol: )

• Administrators

I've used nori (dried seaweed sheets) successfully although I recommend that your filling be on the moist side (think chicken or tuna salads with lots of mayo) or you spread mayo and mustard right onto the sheet before adding your fillings...unless you like the texture of eating paper.  :)

{For the record, to all:  I am not actually on pinterest.  I have only heard of such things.  And I am not a moderator.  I have no idea if paper would actually be compliant or not.  But I'm guessing they'd tell you do google "Whole 30 + paper" and someone has probably already asked this question.}

Archived