Fitness Trainer Partnering with Whole 30

Libby WHite

Hello, 

I am new to this forum. I started my whole 30 on January 2, 2016. I just learned that our fitness community is planning on starting a Whole 30 program on January 16.because our trainer has "partnered" with Whole 30 for the nutrition component of a body transformation program for which the trainers will charge $200. When reading the features of this program, I saw that the trainers will do weekly assessments of participants which include body measurements and a weigh-in. This is disturbing to me because my work out network is very important to me but one of the reasons I started my whole30  on my own was that it did NOT focus on weight. My trainer is promoting this as a weight loss program. I would like to join the workouts without the assessments. Also does Whole30 "partner" with personal trainers? I would appreciate any advice or constructive comments. I know most athletes like to track progress but this seems counter to Whole 30. Thank you. 

• Administrators

I know that there are fitness based partners of Whole30 but I doubt very much that they would be doing weighing and measuring on a weekly basis!  Maybe you want to check with yours that they are just weighing at the beginning and end?

Then again, getting charged $200 at your own gym for something that has all the resources online for free seems a bit like a money grab, no? 

Well now, that's alot of contradictions and mixed messages...yes, indeed.

A Whole 30 is not about weight loss.  In the early days,  everyone knew that but I do see many blended and hybrid versions of the Whole 30.   Social media sites have contributed to that confusion as well...private facebook groups have created their own rules and recipes.

So do you want to pay $200 and have the support of a group for working out?  You can do a Whole 30 for the price of groceries and the book.  You'll have to decide but you're right about the tracking, weighing, measuring and counting...it's not what a Whole 30 is supposed to be about. 

If the $200 includes small group workouts with the trainers and support with meal planning, that kind of stuff, then it might not be too bad. Small Group Ex is ~$45 per person per session at my gym and even once a week for 4 weeks, that'd be almost $200. Add in a second workout per week and it's a real bargain. 

But! If it's in addition to your gym dues AND there aren't special Whole30 only workouts or anything like that, skip it. 

Archived