Date Night

creativenikki

My sister has offered to babysit so my husband and I can have a date night. The problem is that I cannot think of a single thing to do that is whole 30 compliant. Bad food and alcohol is everywhere and I'm not sure if I can resist the temptation if it is right in front of me.

What do you guys do for date night?

Any date that doesn't involve food is Whole30 compliant!

Go to a high-end restaurant and get a tenderloin (dry or prepared with compliant oil; hold the au jus), a salad with with EVOO and balsamic; steamed vegetables with clarified butter and then relax and unwind after dinner with compliant herbal tea (I'll bring my own if necessary) or black coffee - you could also do this at a coffee shop.

If a high-end restaurant meal without wine is going to be a problem, then skip it.  If a coffee shop without a pastry is going to be a problem, then skip it.

You could also do non-food things for your date: a game of pool, bowling, going for a walk, window-shopping, go to see a movie (if the smell of popcorn won't drive you insane).  Or try a fun new activity like rock climbing or something.  Bring compliant snacks for afterward.

Good luck!

go to see a movie (if the smell of popcorn won't drive you insane)

I'm sure this varies by location, but we have a fancy movie theatre which has no popcorn smell, they only serve cold popcorn, so there's no smell :)

We've found a few restaurants that do one or two W30 safe dishes and go there, but often we just cook at home.

If you really wanted to eat out and can't find compliant dinners, if they're happy to sit in the morning/day, you might have better luck with a breakfast or lunch.

• Moderators

Go to see a play, go dancing, see a concert, go walking around the city, hang out in a quiet bookstore browsing and pretend to notice each other from afar, take a one-time cooking class (do you have Sur la Table nearby? some offer these, just choose a "braised meats" class or something that isn't gnocchi-making), art exhibit (if any are open in the evening).

Pack some delicious hot soup in a good thermos, go for a night drive to somewhere off the beaten path/with a view of the city/night sky and make out. :lol:

Archived