Quick and easy cookathon ideas

I'm visiting my kids in Colorado and I'll return home around 6 in the evening next Sunday. I'll need to have a meal plan ready and do my shopping and cooking in the span of a couple of hours when I usually have all day if I want to really cook. I am hoping I can throw a couple of easy things in the oven and maybe a skillet thing to get me started for the week. I know if I don't plan well to start ill easily get off track. I'm doing some serious off roading this week and I'll need to get right back on track when I get home.

This is what I'm thinking.

Boiled eggs

Grilled steak

Baked sweet potatoes

Meatloaf

Greek baked fish

Mayo

Frozen veges and raw veges and avocado

Any other quick and easy ideas?

Ground beef browned with onions, mushrooms, black olives and Napa cabbage...toss in some Rao's Marinara sauce (delish and on plan). I love serving this over spaghetti squash.

More ground beef browned with onions, jalapenos and taco seasonings. Recipe link below for great taco seasoning blend. I also add jalapeno powder and chipotle powder because I love hot.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/taco-seasoning-i/

Frittata: sautee some veggies, add meat if you wish, in an oven-proof skillet. In a separate bowl whisk together a bunch of eggs. Pour eggs over cooked veggies and throw it in the oven until cooked through. I like to do onions and ground turkey, then add fresh tomatoes and black olives right before pouring the egg mixture. Mashed/shredded sweet potato makes an excellent crust, and pairs nicely with bacon in the frittata.

How about roasting some bone-in, skin-on chicken quarters or thighs? You can sprinkle with a yummy seasoning. Great by themselves, or use the meat for something later in the week. Also, I love throwing a chuck roast in the crockpot with a little water, and veggies (combo of whatever you have on hand - we usually do celery, carrots, parsnip or sweet potato.) Pour a can of diced tomatoes over, drizzle a little balsamic on top, and cook on low for about 8 hours, or high for about 4 (you can go even longer as long as you're sure there's enough liquid).

Archived