Help! Company is coming!

curlyj88

I need ideas!

I am on Day 28 of my first Whole 30, and I will be extending it to do a Whole45 or Whole60. My husband (who has been eating what I make for meals but not following Whole30 guidelines) is having his cousin over for dinner tomorrow night who we haven't seen in.... gah.. close to a year?? maybe more? I've only had one social outing so far and it was to my sister's for dinner, and she is also doing a Whole30.. so this is very new to me!

I'm in my mid 20's and not a very experienced cook... I like simple, thus why preparing Whole30 meals has worked really well for me.

What do I make???

Beef roast with mashed white turnips and gravy (thicken gravy with almond flour maybe? Not sure what the best Paleo thickener would be). Baby carrots cooked in (legal) chicken broth with pepper. Baked apples with cinnamon, raisins and pecans. They'll never know!

I simply cook what I always cook. Grilled steaks and veggies and a big salad? I would be thrilled with simple foods that someone else cooked because I didn't have to cook them. :) It might be really fun do do frozen (or fresh) blueberries with coconut manna poured on them for after dinner.

Thanks for all the ideas! I went with slow cooker pulled pork (from Everyday Paleo), coleslaw (The Foodie and the Family), mashed sweet potatoes, and a salad. I'm pretty excited I gotta admit! We had pulled pork (+ all the extras) for our wedding, and I haven't had it since! (2-1/2 years). Haven't quite decided on a dessert, or if we need one.. but blueberries with coconut butter sounds pretty tasty for a small treat tonight! I just bought coconut butter for the first time yesterday!

Great job! That meal sounds amazing...I'm so jealous that you are in your mid-20's, not that I would want to be there again but that you are so lucky to be learning tho nourish your body with whole, healthy foods! You are light-years ahead of others in your age group...Well Done!

Great job! That meal sounds amazing...I'm so jealous that you are in your mid-20's, not that I would want to be there again but that you are so lucky to be learning tho nourish your body with whole, healthy foods! You are light-years ahead of others in your age group...Well Done!

Thank-you Andrea!! I'm really glad that I came across this program as well, AND that I was actually interested in it! It's really opening my eyes to all the not-healthy-for-me food that is out there (i.e. grocery stores, fast food, tv commercials). So a big thank-you goes out to Melissa and Dallas for making it not seem overwhelming and scary to take on! :)

Archived