Made it through day 3 with so much nursing

I'm happy that I made it through today with a nursing marathon from my toddler. My friend was over today and even commented that my son nurses A LOT. Makes me feel drained and extra hungry. I eat carbs at every meal- mainly sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash at dinner. I also had an Rx bar. Part of me feels like I'm not doing it perfectly because I'm eating Rx bars and mini meals but a bigger part of me is happy that I'm eating healthy and I know that's what's most important. I'm a little too full after a small second serving of spaghetti squash with meat sauce for dinner but I'm recognizing that I overate because of feeling drained from so much nursing. Beinh too full doesnt feel good so I'm hoping to be able to stop eating before I get to this point. I'm sure there will be loads of nursing Saturday and Sunday so I'll get some practice.

• Moderators

It's usually recommended for nursing moms to eat four full meals a day, and to have extra fat as well -- snack on olives or avocado or drink coconut milk to get in more fat.

Rx bars may not be ideal, but as long as they're compliant, if that's the best you can manage at times, don't worry about it. Do keep in mind they have at least one variety that is not compliant, the peanut butter ones.

Archived