I can tolerate coffee/caffeine for the first time in years! (D8)

Camilla

So this amazing thing happened last night (D8 evening):

I craved coffee. I can't usually deal with caffeine AT ALL. It doesn't just make me anxious (crazy anxious), it makes me super depressed and despondent.... and downright weird for hours. Sometimes I can't even handle the levels of caffeine in decaf, tea, or dark chocolate.

However, in the last couple of days my body has been all "Hey. hey, get me some coffee!" and I got interested...and I brewed up my first intentional full-caff coffee in maybe 8 years. (I've been "accidentally" caffeinated many times, curses Baristas!).

And I am FINE! How cool is that?

• 1 year later...

I've just been introduced to Whole30, so I haven't done one yet, but I have been on a health and fitness journey for the past 8 months or so now and I had a very similar experience. I was put on some supplements by a naturopath for issues with gall bladder that also affect the liver and help clean things out and I started eating a healthier diet than i had previously, and I am now able to have caffeine for the first time in 7 years. I had to stop drinking it because of how bad it affected my anxiety. I would feel like I was having a heart attack when I drank it! I thought it was really weird when I realized I could have it again so that is super interesting and cool to find another person with basically the same experience! 

So excited to start my first Whole30 and see what other unexpected benefits may come of it!

Archived