Fell off the exercise train, need to hop back on.

Runninginclover

Hey folks, I'm an on-again off-again runner, who also includes Zumba, weights, yoga, and swimming in my workout rotation. I fell "off the wagon" with exercise about November. I'm on day five of the whole thirty, and doing ok. I feel like I'm compliant, But I'm struggling a little with eating enough at meals and have had to do a mini meal about 4pm (carrots and guacamole, green beans sautéed in olive oil with tomatoes and some chicken breast) just keep from the hangry stage.

I have a 10k coming up in April, do I start my running training now? Should I get in other workouts and wait on running? I'm not a competitive runner, nor do I consider myself an athlete, but I do want to move, and I want to do it without growling at my family bc of hunger-anger!

Ideas? Plans?

As a former runner and a group fitness instructor I would advise easing back into it slowly especially while you are trying to figure your meal portions out. Most people experience a significant dip in performance the first 2 weeks of the Whole30. I would focus on getting some nice easy walks and gentle stretching in right now and when you start feeling the energy increase adding some running and weights back in. 

As far as dealing with hunger if you wanted to post some examples of your meals we might be able to help you make some adjustments.

Archived