What are you eating today?

Guest tenabodena

Guest tenabodena

For me - grilled onions, zucchini and yellow squash with a chunk of beef flank steak (cooked carne asada style).

Lunch was leftovers of the above.

Dinner is broiled chicken breast and veggie soup - clean out the frig style - made with organic chicken broth. My veggies that I wanted to use up before they went bad was cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, a few carrots, and green beans. I just had a little of everything so I dumped it all in the pot. Very yummy.

I have enough leftover for tomorrow's lunch.

What's everyone else eating today?

First meal: 3 baked eggs over spinach and mushrooms

Second meal: tuna fish with home made mayo, celery, dill from my garden and black olives with a big salad

Third meal: grass fed ground beef, mushrooms, onions, rosemary from my garden and Rao's marinara sauce over spaghetti squash with some grapes on the side.

All in all, a wonderful food day. :)

Morning: Eggs and sugar-free bacon with some arugula and heirloom tomatoes

Afternoon: Wild-caught tuna packed in olive oil over romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, and roasted red peppers

Evening: Slow-cooker grass-fed beef roast with garlic and jalapenos, roasted cauliflower, and stewed kale

Taking the leftover roast with me to the hospital tomorrow. A piece of red meat is just what I need during my break from the pediatric unit!

Breakfast - crustless quiche (homemade, Whole30 compliant), bacon and sauerkraut.

Lunch - missed it because I was stuck in traffic in LA, and the best choice was NO choice ...

Dinner - flank steak, grilled onions & peppers in a Pure Wrap, some olives & nuts while cooking, and 1/2 an orange.

Day 1 complete !!

Coffee...Ok, I NEVER skip breakfast but slept in way late so lunch will be my first meal today...

Giant Cobb Salad for lunch...salad greens, hard boiled egg, roasted chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, sugar-free bacon, avocado, homemade mayo ranch dressing

Mustard Crusted Beef Tenderloin and pressure cooker kale and carrots for dinner

Apple with almond butter for snack.

I've been working my way through the recipes in "Practical Paleo." I am following her meal plan for "Squeaky Clean Paleo" and eliminating the (very few) sweeteners or non Whole30 compliant items listed. That's not very hard - it's about 98% compliant already, unmodified.

I made roasted beets with fennel and oranges - yum - and mustard glazed chicken thighs. There's leftover flank steak in the fridge and tomorrow I try my hand at a roasted turkey leg and sweet potato pancakes.

My usual first meal: 3 baked eggs over spinach and mushroom sautee

Second meal: Leftovers from dinner last night. Kind of a spaghetti over spaghetti squash.

Third meal: A huge pile of steamed clams poured over ringlets (yes, I used that word :) ) of zuc squash and a giganto spin salad with julienne red and orange peppers.

Archived