Hungry!!

kecker33

If you are hungry, you probably aren't getting enough fat.  Try adding some more fat to each of your meals.  If you have eggs, add an egg yolk.  Cook your veggies in fats.  Add some avocado or guacamole.  Put some olives on your plate. 

Don't be afraid of the fat!

You might not be eating enough, period. There is no reason to be hungry on a Whole30, except for when it's time for the next meal.

If you post a few days worth of your meals, including portion sizes and daily water consumption, we can see if anything stands out.

I know getting enough vegetables and water are an issue. I am really not a fan of salads and vegetables, so I am forcing myself to eat them!

Here's a sample day:

breakfast: sweet potato egg casserole with sausage. banana and small handful of cashews

lunch: salad with chicken or turkey, avocado, vinegar and oil dressing, carrot sticks, cucumber slices

dinner: pork chop with broccoli and carrots

snack: usually need a larabar around 3pm, also have an apple with almond butter post dinner

Thanks for your help!

I know getting enough vegetables and water are an issue. I am really not a fan of salads and vegetables, so I am forcing myself to eat them!

Here's a sample day:

breakfast: sweet potato egg casserole with sausage. banana and small handful of cashews

lunch: salad with chicken or turkey, avocado, vinegar and oil dressing, carrot sticks, cucumber slices

dinner: pork chop with broccoli and carrots

snack: usually need a larabar around 3pm, also have an apple with almond butter post dinner

Thanks for your help!

Ok, so Larabars are emergency food only on a Whole30.  Like, stuck in endless traffic, extending your normal time between meals.  If you are genuinely hungry between meals, the recommendation is a mini-meal of protein, carb and fat.

If you don't like salads, don't eat them.  :) Or, create a more exciting, tasty dressing beyond vinegar and oil. Lots of ideas on this thread.

You can learn to like vegetables: it's all in how you prepare them. Roasted with your choice of cooking fat, herbs and/or spices - yum! Look on Mel Joulwan's site for inspiration. Or, create a soup. 

As a side note,

- is your sausage compliant?

- watch the nuts and nut butters. We recommend limiting nuts as a fat on a Whole30.

Archived