Day 9 love!

DrJane

Day 9 today and I feel AWESOME!!!!!  I have been waking up in the morning and my aching joints and feet (usually painfully stiff for the first 20 minutes of the day) have been feeling totally fine!

Also, my NSV today: it was "girls' night", which is usually filled with wine, chocolate, and other treats.  I was able to decline the wine because I had brought my own club soda (livened up with a splash of organic pomegranate juice) and I resisted the bowl of chocolates by snacking on some raspberries and strawberries instead.  And with absolutely NO sense of deprivation!  It's amazing how my brain and taste buds have already, in less than 10 days, been re-trained to see fruit as being the flavour equivalent of chocolate.  

I honestly did not believe that I would have lasted almost 10 days with this level of enjoyment, not to mention the willpower to stay away from the non-compliant foods!  I think the psychology of Dallas and Melissa's "No Cheats, No Slips, No Special Occasions" really works for me...the fact that it's so clear cut makes the plan easier to stick to!  I am sure there will be challenges ahead (and, let's face it, part of this post is to get me amped up for Days 10 and 11), but I feel like I have enough momentum built now that I can tackle the hard days.  

Great job! I too had girls night/book club and usually the wine is flowing...down my throat! I had no urges or cravings... I made sure to eat a yummy compliant meal beforehand and so I wasn't even hungry for nibbles. Just drank my water and enjoyed the company!

Archived