30 days later, a success story

kmo

Many people I had not seen in a while asked "did you get a trainer?" No, but I did the Whole30 challenge. All of them said, no way they could "give up" this or that. What really did I give up? I gave up feeling like garbage after meals, gave up not tasting foods, gave up pounds. I started this thing because I knew in my heart that the way I felt on day 1 was not how good life truly is. It could be so much better. I needed to find out for myself. Along the way, at all the parties, work lunches, outings, football viewing events, I was questioned, kidded, mildly mocked, and encouraged, but I couldn't care less what others thought, this is for me alone. I brought my own clean food wherever I could. Quickly I noticed I tasted nuances in the foods I ate. I enjoyed grocery shopping. I went to our local store and paid $20 for three full bags of fresh veggies, fruit and animal protein. I relished preparing clean healthy meals. Cheating was NEVER an option. I never felt tempted to. I was having fun. Until about midway through I craved cupcakes. Never was a fan of cupcakes, but right then I craved it. That was the only craving and it quickly subsided. This past Tuesday made 30 days. I had exercised twice during that period. But the food made the difference. I feel alert, happy, clear headed, motivated, energetic, and yes life is much better this way. What ever happened to those pounds...lost 16.

i am here reading the success stories because i am on day 17 and i have some serious cravings for something sweet. today has been horrible!! :( but reading your success story and that im not the only one makes me feel better! congratulations on finishing strong and thank you for the motivation!

Congratulations! It is very inspiring to read. I am about to start Whole30 October 1 (since I am travelling next week, and it seems like a stupid time to start), and I encounter exactly the same reaction as you: people telling me that they would never give things up like in Whole30. I will keep your answer in mind!

Archived