Gelatine

Nancy   H.

I am still cleaning out the cupboards and found two packages of Knox Gelatine. I don't know what I would use it for on the W30 program, but I wonder if it is compliant or should I throw it out.

If it is compliant does anyone have any suggestions on what to use it for?

I second the herbal tea gelatin cubes, or mixed with fruit and water. Sometimes I make it with coconut milk and pumpkin pie-esque spices. I've heard of other people on gut healing regimens just drinking their gelatin in their tea, but so far I haven't done that. While I prefer Great Lakes to Knox, I see no reason to throw it out!

• 3 months later...

my grandmother used to make a jello salad with tomato flavored gelatin. she would put all sorts of chopped up raw veg in it and serve it on lettuce leaves topped with mayo. Haven't had it since the late 70's but it was one of my favorite childhood items. She also did curried shrimp (yum!) and chicken livers with mushrooms in sour cream. 2 more favorites! I miss my grandma :D:wub:

The gelatin seems to make the coffee creamier. I don't enjoy the taste of it just disolved in warm water and putting in my coffee is an easy way to get a Tbl into my diet every day. Gelatin has a ton of health benefits, and I don't get much naturally in my diet because I haven't gotten into the habit of making and consuming bone broth on a regular basis. (It's good for nail & hair growth, joint development & recovery, a good source of collagen, and is a digestive aid).

The gelatin seems to make the coffee creamier. I don't enjoy the taste of it just disolved in warm water and putting in my coffee is an easy way to get a Tbl into my diet every day. Gelatin has a ton of health benefits, and I don't get much naturally in my diet because I haven't gotten into the habit of making and consuming bone broth on a regular basis. (It's good for nail & hair growth, joint development & recovery, a good source of collagen, and is a digestive aid).

Really? Super interesting. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I'm still not sure if gelatin is allowed or not??

On another thread, a user posted this chart  which says that gelatin ALWAYS has MSG.  However, I buy my gelatin from Great Lakes and they say it has no MSG. My organic chemistry classes are too far behind me to sort this one out. I'd love to keep using though, so can anyone give a definitive answer?

I've been meaning to get some (Great Lakes green can) as I hear it also helps with skin elasticity. And I could use some of that. Sixty four pounds down and strange things are afoot on this body of mine. Strange things indeed. And I have a long way to go so it is bound to get weirder.

Archived