First Social Outing - HELP!

denversun

Hey all!

I will have my very first dining out experience this Friday for my mother's birthday. I've been doing really great so far and I don't want to screw it up. We are going to CB and Potts.... wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for what to eat there?

I think if I can find something compliant and yummy I won't have a problem, but I want to go in with a plan. Thanks for any advice you can give!

http://www.cbpotts.com/menu-location/co-flat-irons/

• Moderators

That's one extensive menu!

I see a lot of things that seem like they might work with some modifications... the plank roasted salmon looks good if done in the olive oil and sea salt but if they're roasting it with butter at the time, then that won't work. (and obviously no rice side)

Your best bet is to find something that you think you might like and then phone the restaurant ahead of time and see about substitutions.

Things you want to ask about are:

Cooking oils

Seasonings or rubs

butter on vegetables

I think you can do something with that menu for sure, it just may take a bit of legwork!

I'm no W30 expert, but I would order:

Steak, no butter, served with double seasonal veggies (instead of mashed potatoes) or steamed veggies and a side salad

Simply grilled salmon with double veggies or sub a side salad instead of the rice

Roasted Mediterranean Chicken, no cheese (ensure no dairy) sounds brilliant!

Burger, no cheese, extra veggies and avocado, served with a lettuce wrap and side of fruit

Salads without the cheese and no dressing, get balsamic and olive oil instead

All in all, I think there are lots of options and none of them are too weird or demanding! Have fun :)

• Moderators

I'm no W30 expert, but I would order:

Steak, no butter, served with double seasonal veggies (instead of mashed potatoes) or steamed veggies and a side salad

Simply grilled salmon with double veggies or sub a side salad instead of the rice

Roasted Mediterranean Chicken, no cheese (ensure no dairy) sounds brilliant!

Burger, no cheese, extra veggies and avocado, served with a lettuce wrap and side of fruit

Salads without the cheese and no dressing, get balsamic and olive oil instead

All in all, I think there are lots of options and none of them are too weird or demanding! Have fun :)

These are all great suggestions, the original poster just needs to make sure that the oils in the Mediterranean Chicken (mediterranean infused oils) are okay... and what the filler is in the burger patty and that there's no butter or other seasoning/sauce put on the seasonal veggies... and what the seasoning/rub is on the steak.

The thing is with restaurant menus is that there are often hidden ingredients that they wouldn't list on the menu.  But all of those sound delicious assuming they've not got something hiding out in them :)

It's much easier for kitchens if you call ahead, in case they use something you can't have in marinades or added in a preparation step (something that can't be removed, which limits the options they can offer you).

They also specifically mention in their gluten free area that you can call them, how awesome :)

Archived