Small Victory! Survived my first outing

LadyRaroo

So, I survived my first outing with girlfriends, and I couldn't be more proud of myself. None of them could believe I've been off the sauce for this long, despite their constant attempts to get me to join the "fun". Yesterday we went to the city (San Francisco) to see a show and have brunch. I googled restaurants nearby and it was in North Beach, so mostly Italian, lots of pasta/pizza. I found this cute little place that served breakfast and lunch and had stuff that I could work with. Everyone was on board. Then we arrived and saw the mile-long line outside and decided we needed to go elsewhere. Instead of going into a full panic, I kept telling myself "I can do this, I can do this". We found a restaurant that worked - they had their menu outside and I saw some stuff that would work. 

I ordered mineral water with a lime wedge while they were all boozing it up. They tried several times to get me to have "just one", but I stuck to my guns. I was always the biggest party animal, so this was very surprising for everyone, even me in a way. I had a grilled salmon salad - brought my own dressing in a tiny tupperware. It was perfect, and delicious! I was feeling good, and it was show time - they snuck wine in :ph34r: . They continued to offer it, but somehow it got easier and easier to say, "no thanks, I'm sticking to my plan, don't want to erase what I've already accomplished" (today's day 8 for me). We hit up a bar afterwards and their drunken, obnoxious behavior made it even easier for me to not want to drink. On top of that, I was able to get us all home safe and didn't wake up with a raging hangover. I feel so accomplished, just had to share! :D

Archived