Now Super Enzymes Substitute Sans Papaya?

quotidianlight

I have a major latex allergy that cross reacts with a bunch of fruit including papaya. This is proving to be a problem when looking for a digestive enzyme. I haven't reacted to papain wut it makes me nervous. Actual powdered papaya is completely out which means... no Now super enzymes for me. I've been using Garden of life ultra without much effect and really want to find something stronger and animal based. Everything I've found at Whole foods is either vegan or has papaya powder. Any ideas?

Have you looked at the ones mentioned in this article?

http://whole9life.co...ve-enzymes-101/

Yes, I'm a tad nervous to blow money on another vegetarian formulation and the ones listed are all plant based except for now enzymes. I may have go that route though *sighs* or just try the NOW and cuddle my epi pen to see if I react.

You haven't mentioned the nature of the digestive issues you're trying to address, but you can probably start with just ox bile, or just pancreatin. Most ingredients in the digestive enzyme preparations are available on their own, so while it may not be as convenient it may be your best bet as far as finding out what works for you.

Thanks, the man just brought me oxbile on its own. I have gas, burping and don't poo as a much as usual like every other day instead of three times a day like before. But I don't feel constipated so to speak, just full. Like I am digesting, just really really slow. I didn't hardly eat anything yesterday cause I was full from the day before. I think it's either the fat or protein.

Archived