Newbie-Day One

go2grrl

Hello everybody!

Today is my Day One. I've decided to commit to the Whole30 plan in an attempt to see if anything in my diet might be inteferring with the absorption of my thyroid medication, as well as causing the all over inflammation I've been experiencing since having my thyoid gland removed last summer. The surgery sort of interrupted my "work in progress," where I had successfully lost and kept off over 130 pounds, and was still able to lose. I felt great until about six months after the surgery, then menopause also arrived and things started sliding downhill, fast. All medical tests indicate I should feel fine, but I'd like to get back to feeling as good as I did prior to the surgery so I'm starting here.

I didn't have to do any major pantry or fridge cleaning to get ready. But I will miss dark chocolate, soy milk in my morning iced coffee and beans. But mostly I'll miss craft beers...

The new commitments and goals I"ve made for these 30 days include: adding an extra 30 minutes of exercise to my week on one of my 9-5 days; doing more foam rolling; teaching the dog to take the junk mail to the recycle bin; not eating after dinner; and no online shopping for 30 days. The dog trick should be the easiest :)

I look foward to hanging out in the forums and soaking up all the knowledge. It's good to be here.

Cheers,

Cynthia

Welcome !! I'm as new as you (only on Day 2). I read the book "It Starts With Food" and couldn't wait to get started. I intentionally waited until yesterday (in defiance of the advice "Start Now ! right now !!") because I have a month stretched out in front of me with no travel, no out of town guests, etc. I need to set myself up for success.

I look forward to seeing if the change in your diet (which sounds pretty healthy already !) gives you the results you are looking for. There are certainly some amazing personal experiences here ... here's hoping you will be one of them !

Welcome !! I'm as new as you (only on Day 2). I read the book "It Starts With Food" and couldn't wait to get started. I intentionally waited until yesterday (in defiance of the advice "Start Now ! right now !!") because I have a month stretched out in front of me with no travel, no out of town guests, etc. I need to set myself up for success.

I look forward to seeing if the change in your diet (which sounds pretty healthy already !) gives you the results you are looking for. There are certainly some amazing personal experiences here ... here's hoping you will be one of them !

Thanks for the welcome! I too picked an "off" time to start and ffigured it would be a slow social time of year. Altho my facebook and hotmail are being bombarded with all sorts of announcements for Octoberfest beer fests and tap takeovers. But there's always next year. And today I face my first "temptation" since my husband's son is coming over to watch football all day. I'm making him a margarita and they're having chili mac for lunch. I might be getting the better deal tho with grass fed burgers and sweet potato fries! Wish me luck!

-Cynthia

Archived