WholeLent 2016 - starting February 10th.

angledge

I have discovered that I am still sensitive to some things that are allowed on this program, so am exploring some other info about what might be causing that - gut bloated again. Have been doing really well with coming up with yummy things to eat, just had a great dinner with turkey sausage, veg stir fry with pesto I made. It is Spring here on the west coast of Vancouver Island (sorry to all of you who live in places that get real winter!) - flowers are blooming like crazy, also the local greenhouses that sell unsprayed veg are open for business after being closed for the winter. Yahoo! Fresh, local vegetables!

I am trending toward lowfodmap

Partly why more time doing this seems like a good idea.

No nuts, nut butters, and starting to really roast or cook my veggies. That has all really helped!

Hang in there!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BigMommaBird, have you tried making a Metza? It's basically a ground beef (or other ground meat) crust with pizza toppings (no cheese unfortunately). There are many recipes for it if you just google it.

Sounds good!  I will definitely try that.

I dropped my daughter off at my Mom's for a sleepover today and when I walked in she said "Oh!  I bought you a treat at the store!"  I panicked.  Mom has a bigger sweet tooth than I do and knows exactly what I like.  She pulled out a cup of Pomegranate seeds!  My sweet Mom got me a Whole30 compliant treat.  I was so tickled, I ate them all on the drive home!

Happy Sunday, all--

Have a wonderful week 4!!

Will any of you continue on? How are you all feeling? What's been your biggest challenge? Greatest "gain"?

Today I made sweet potato crusted chicken sausage frittata for the week, turkey meatballs, tuna cakes, and butternut squash and apple soup.

My husband is home from Germany...and joining in to the extent he is wanting to...and feeling the difference!

Good days ahead, everyone--you've got this!

Jane

Hi Jane,

I'm going to extend for another 30 days.  This has been a great learning experience.  I'm a very black and white person, so if I have strict rules I can stick to them no problem.  But if I don't have a good frame work I have no food boundaries.  I think if I give it another 30 days that will really help to cement the lessons I've learned so when I finally do go off the program I can not revert to my old eating habits.

I finally got a hold of "It Starts With Food" from the library and it has been very informative.

My husband is sort of following along too.  He likes the recipes I make and sees the sense in it, but he doesn't want to give up dairy and grains completely.  Though he has cut back dramatically.

Hi Jane,

I'm going to extend for another 30 days. This has been a great learning experience. I'm a very black and white person, so if I have strict rules I can stick to them no problem. But if I don't have a good frame work I have no food boundaries. I think if I give it another 30 days that will really help to cement the lessons I've learned so when I finally do go off the program I can not revert to my old eating habits.

I finally got a hold of "It Starts With Food" from the library and it has been very informative.

My husband is sort of following along too. He likes the recipes I make and sees the sense in it, but he doesn't want to give up dairy and grains completely. Though he has cut back dramatically.

It sounds like you know what you want and need for your best outcome!

I will be journeying along beside you.

You've made incredible strides! I bet you feel like a brand new woman.

Jane

Am definitely continuing, adding in the Specific Carbohydrate Diet parts. Am noticing a lot of subtle wonderful things, like I am calmer, sleeping better, much less stiff, mind is clearer, not bloated. I don't think I have lost much actual weight so I don't think I will weigh myself on friday. I might check my measurements as I am definitely fitting more easily into my pants!

Holy cow!!  Today is Day 30!

I can't wait to take my "After" picture and measurements and see if there were any noticeable changes.

I committed to do this till Easter so I'm not ready for reintroduction yet, but this has gone so quickly.  The night before I started I was so nervous, I didn't think I'd be able to stick with it.  And now I feel like I have control over my eating habits for the first time.  Love it!

CONGRATULATIONS on day 30!!!

I, too, will be continuing on. I was surprised by how deeply I wanted to be done, though, last night...however, I know I will benefit from more time. At least up to my naturopath appointment--how much easier it will be to speak clearly about what I am eating, and NOT eating.

I am also excited to take measurements and weigh--which I will do in the morning tomorrow. And then keep going.

This is a tremendous milestone for all of us.

Thanks for sharing the journey!!

Jane

Hi all! Go us! I'm also sticking with this for longer than 30 days. The change in my eating habits is causing some other good changes in mood and activity level (and grocery bills!) and I'm not really missing much... Though I do crave ice cream today!

It's interesting that this next 30 feels...less strict.

I am having to actively talk myself out of pizza, candy...etc., more often now.

Otherwise, I am feeling really good. I found a magnesium asporotate that I am tolerating very well. My sleep has improved also, wih this.

Best to you!

Jane

I feel like I really finding my groove. I have incorporated the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, mostly it excludes some things I was eating, not much, and includes 24 hour yoghurt, which I make myself. Currently I am making almond milk yoghurt, made the almond milk myself. This will be my third batch - tried cow and goat, neither of which my body liked.

I feel that I am much better at planning and making sure I have enough of the right foods on hand at all times. Also I am experimenting with new recipes so have some variety. Yummy is a priority - I need to look forward to my meals or it doesn't work.

This feels like a long term process for me and am very glad for it. How about the Whole365?

We are reintroducing very slowly. I don't think we are doing it right by only eating beans at dinner not various legumes through out the day. so far so good though. I did venture to a breath mint due to the lime cilantro mayo that was heavy on the garlic at lunch. that was an instant NO!NO! HA my husband was so happy that I had a reaction. I was not. we had rice last night but forgot to have oatmeal for breakfast so were trying that tomorrow. in other words it's really slow evaluating every new thing carefully. We are positive that we have changed our eating for life. Oh, there will be a cadbury creme egg for me at Easter. but i wonder if will even taste good. more than that how will i feel after i eat it? oatmeal tomorrow. then in a few or several days dairy. its not easy to blog here but i enjoy reading other's posts.

Reintroduction is hard.

I also thought I wasn't stopping the program, but I find myself increasingly angry and struggling with cravings. And have had 2 slices of pizza, confusing the whole thing.

My GI issues are no better and I just want to quit. It all seems so pointless today--this past week.

Jane

Archived