Whole30 Day 1 Jan. 12!

ambnille07

Starting my second Whole30 tomorrow, and I think I'm more frexited than I was last time! I did my first Whole30 Jan. 1, 2015, and I had never felt better. The food knowledge I learned was amazing, and I was able to introduce the Whole30 to a couple of friends as well.

Now, things are a lot different. I no longer work the 8-5 job I had last year; instead, I'm a server/bartender at a farm-to-table, Southern-food, fine-dining restaurant. Working at the restaurant has been a challenge since there's a lot of emphasis on knowing how the food/drinks taste. I don't know if y'all know this, but Southern food = deep fried canola oil, tons of butter, and pounds of grains and sugar. That's not even including the alcohol! However, I'm up for the challenge. Weirdly, the hardest part for me is going to be the planning and scheduling of meals since meal times can be sporadic during shifts. I've already strategized to just bring my own food and get weird stares from the chef and line cooks.  :P

Any tips would be appreciated! And good luck to those who are almost half-way there and those who are starting with me!! :D

I'm on Day 4, but happy to hang in there with ya, for encouragement or just to feel like someone is in it with you. I did a Whole30 in 2014 and did well, felt better, etc., but ran right back to my old habits and bad food. Of course, now I have added more poundage on and I'm looking to finally break the hold that my mind and cravings have over my body. My mom, who is 79, is doing it with me and she has a myriad of health issues, including Type 2 Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and is a survivor of quadruple bypass surgery! She and I are woefully out of shape and need to get with it. 
I've decided, for me, that perhaps I'll do a Whole 90 because I think I need the extra time to really retrain my brain. So, as one of my fellow commenters has said, I'll be doing 12 weeks + 6 days. So, I'm on Day 4, which means only 12 weeks and 2 days left!!! Woot! 
Good to meet you and good luck!

Good luck to you. Not only did I start today, but I also started Jan 1 2015. I actually maintained good eating habits for much of the year, but the holidays got me. I sympathize with working in food but I know you can do it. Good luck. - I've started another thread called 01-12-2016 Start Date if you want to join the discussion.

Archived