Stews and Soups

Sharon Simpson Thumann

Coincidentally, I made this today and it turned out SO good. I did not use the coconut or almond flour or the peas. I used Ghee to brown the chicken. I thickened it with my home made mayo at the end. Simple, quick and very yummy.

LOL..I do this all the time. Thank you for the reminder Nancy. :)

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/quick-and-creamy-chicken-stew/

Sorry, but I think you forgot to post the link. I'm always interested in new soups also.

Coincidentally, I made this today and it turned out SO good. I did not use the coconut or almond flour or the peas. I used Ghee to brown the chicken. I thickened it with my home made mayo at the end. Simple, quick and very yummy.

I've been digging a curry made with cauliflower, sweet potatoes, onions, jalapenos, & chicken. Dice everything up (I usually do about a one inch cube for the cauliflower, sweet potatoes and chicken, and a bit smaller for the onions and jalapenos). Saute the veggies up in some coconut oil with curry powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper-sorry, I don't have measurements-I just add what feels right-I'd guess about half a tbsp. to a full tbsp. or so of everything but the curry-usually use 2 tbsp. of the curry.

I add a can of coconut milk and some chicken stock and simmer till veggies are tender, then add the chicken-I usually use leftover roasted chicken.

The great thing about curry is that you can mix it up-add different veggies or try some pork. It's super easy to make and I put it in lunch sized containers for a few days of easy lunches (or breakfasts!).

I'm hoping to peruse slow cooker recipes this weekend and come up with a few to try in the coming weeks-happy fall everyone!

I made a lovely stew this week. I browned some diced organic pork in coconut oil in my dutch oven, put it to one side and then sauted some chopped onions, celery, carrots and lots of leeks until tender. then added a good tbsp of fennel seeds and a tsp smoked paprika, cooked them with the veg for a few mins. Then returned the pork to the pot with a tin of chopped tomatoes, a few spoons of tomato puree and a strip of orange peel. brought to a simmer then cooked in the oven, covered, at a lowish temp (about 150C) for about 2.5 hours.

The pork was really tender and the sauce was kind of tangy, a bit of a change from my usual stews and curries.

Everyday Paleo has a simple red curry beef stew that is nice. I make it with just beef, red/purple cabbage, broth, coconut milk and curry paste. I leave out the sweet potatoes so it freezes well. I like it spooned over just about any vegetable.

Archived