Starch in probiotics and I ate pickled ginger, oops

Mistress

Hi, I'm on my 6th day of the Whole 30. I was eating Paleo and very clean before hand so it hasn't been too difficult to transition.

I noticed that there is rice starch in my probiotic supplement. Is it ok for me to continue to take this during my whole 30? After my whole 30? I imagine that it is an inconsequential amount, but please let me know if that's not the case. I'm taking Jarrodophilus. I also eat kraut and drink kombucha.

Is kombucha ok even though it's made with sugar? I've read that it is but could use a more opinions.

Also, I ate a small amount of pickled ginger on the fourth day before realizing it likely was pickled with sugar. What happens with mistakes like this? At what point is the Whole30 broken?

Thanks for answers to any of the above questions :)

~Mistress

a) rice starch = nope. feel free to find another or just hold off until your 30 is over

2) fermented foods and beverages are fine, even if sugar was used in the process. it gets consumed as fuel during fermentation. just make sure there is no sugar added afterwards for flavor.

3) If you accidentally consume a small amount of sugar (not knowingly or with purposeful ignorance), just chalk it up to a mistake and move on. If you consume gluten, dairy, soy or peanuts, you're gonna want to add some days to the end of your program so that you get a full 30 days for your body to reset.

Ok, I just found another probiotic online with no starch by Now Foods, I LOVE them because almost all their supplements seem to be Whole30 approved. Do you recommend them?

Also, can I have kimchi even though there is sugar in it? I'm not sure the sugar is necessary for the fermentation process but I haven't found any kimchi without it...

Gratitude!

~Mistress

Archived