Starting October 1 2012

EmmaSthlm

I know one should start today, but since I am travelling next week, I will postpone it to October 1.

Is there anyone else who will be starting then?

If so, let's support each other!

PS I am so much looking forward to it, and I am "cheating" by trying out new recipes ahead of time. But the official starting date is October 1.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "cheated" that way too, and the experrience I gained in the kitchen in the weeks leading up to my Whole 30 (I am currently on day 3) was huge ! I had a chance to stockpile some Whole 30-helpful spices and kitchen gadgets, figure out which recipes I liked and which ones were easy for weeknight prep, etc. Seriously useful.

And I postponed for the exact same reason you are - I was traveling and I knew it would be VERY difficult to stick to a Whole 30 plan. I support the idea of setting yourself up for success by picking a 30-day span when you know you have the most control possible. That may not be a realistic lifetime plan, as I have been cautioned, but it sure seems like a good way to kick things off.

Good luck, and hang out here as much as you can leading up to October. You will pick up valuable tips and really get enthused. I also recommend reading the book (It Starts With Food) in the coming weeks, if you haven't already, and signing up for the e-mail newsletter. That daily reminder is awesome !

Rocktober sounds great!

Only, it occurs to me that this means that Day 31 will be the dreaded Halloween.... Maybe this year we will give out glowsticks and NOT candy.

(I have had a good success tossing any leftover candy at my undergraduates in lecture the day after the Big Candy Binge Fest to get it out of the house, but not having candy in the house in the first place seems like a better bet! Except my kids would divorce me....)

Anyway, good luck to all who are trying to Rock their Octobers the Whole30 way!

Hi i have planned to start on October 1st aswell but I don't feel prepared at all. I have'nt had a chance to source out quality meat or other ingredients so I'm not sure if I should postpone it for a while? Does anyone have any paleo recipe books? Thanks good luck! I really don't think I can do it I feel incredibly weak but I would love to so much. I am doing it alone in my house which is hard xo

I'm starting October 1 as well! My birthday is the 16th so this is going to be my present to myself. I don't feel prepared yet either but I think i just need to jump in or I'm never going to commit to it. I've done stuff similar to this before but never stuck with it so I'm kinda nervous..

Well thats you and me both matey. Lets give it our best shot eh? Plan to go shopping this weekend for a few storecupboard essentials and take it from there. But your're right you can keep putting it off. I hope I won't feel too hungry escpecially not looking forward to breakfast as i love my oats! Take care xo

Hi! I am waiting for my book "It Starts With Food" to get here, so I decided Oct. 1 was a great day to start (it starts at day one! Lol ;) No brainier). I am very grateful for the Whole9 website! I have read for 4 days more than my brain can take! The book might do me in, but it will all be worth feeling great! I have a high expectation to feel energetic and mentally alert at the very least. Glad to see I will not be alone for October :)))

Right. I'm ready for Roctober!

I started Sept 1, but made it to only Day15 and didn't do it strict enough for my liking. Then I tried again but I just didn't feel like I committed properly (sensing a pattern here...!)

So, friends, if I can source out a bit of online support here - I'm going all out for a restart in October 1.

I am hoping all you good people can be a motivating voice!

Lets do this. For the sake of our health :-)

Cheers!!

planning out my meals for the week right now and getting my shopping list ready. i'm thinking the key here is going to be preparation. my mantra: "if you fail to prepare then prepare to fail!"

so glad to have a crew of peeps starting october 1st. really looking forward to giving (and receiving!) support. i'm going at this alone in my house too, but have a couple of friends abroad who are doing it.

WE GOT THIS!

Okay so technically my very first WHOLE30 ends on Oct 2 and I will be starting my second on on Oct 3. Good luck everyone I know you can do and I can't wait till I get into my second round. My first round help nurse me back to health, recover and bounce back relatively quickly from pneumonia, so now I REALLY CAN'T WAIT to see how my body changes now that I'm off all the medications I was taking, and now that I'm back working and with the land of the living. I'm really excited!!!!!!!

Planning ahead helps but just focus on each day that your actually living instead of uuuuugh I have soooo many days left to go. Coming here is helpful and great support while loaded with great info.

Again good luck and I look forward to reading how everyone is doing by reading your logs. ;-)

Wow, what a crowd doing the Rocktober...! :D

I am happy for the few days of preparation: I've read the book (it is really helpful!); bought a new coffee machine in order to make a better espresso (instead of my usual latte); stocked up on good foods (and getting rid of the others); checked out grocery stores and restaurants, etc. Now, I am home - and ready to go on Monday.

And isn't it great that it is ending on Halloween? By then, we will all be past our sugar cravings!

I'm starting for the first time on the 1st October. I've eaten a Primal diet for the 1 1/2 years, but I've gotten slack during my pregnancy and really need a proper reboot of my diet. I've also never cut out dairy, that's going to be a challenge for me! I've been planning this October 1st start date for a while figuring that I'd be starting with a newborn, but here I am still pregnant and I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow! Going ahead with it anyway, and have roped my husband in.

Archived