Jan. 18, 2016 Start Date

Audabee

Yay day 26! I started this to find what's feeding my autoimmune disease,so plan to do a full reintroduction. It will take another 12 days, but I want to know the primary culprits. I know it's one or some...cuz day 2, I was symptom free, and have only gotten better. I think I'm starting with dairy, then non-gluten grains, then legumes, then gluten grains, following the fast track guidelines. I'll watch for added sugars, but can relax some, with a wary eye on the sleeping dragon. I don't believe I'll ever do a SAD again. I just feel too good to give this up. What's everyone else's plan?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 29!!! Almost there!!!

Feeling great and made it through the LONG day of dance comp on saturday. I was very underprepared food wise, but was able to make it work with some epic bars fruit, and carrot sticks... not the healthiest day, but still compliant. Although, I almost gave in and ate some readily available donuts, but kept strong... 

Looking forward to returning to my post holiday 90/10 split... was working well for me... just got so far off track had to get myself back on.

Holy cow, day 29.

Is it too soon to list NSVs? Naaah.

1. I'm so much happier than I was a month ago. I feel like the last vestiges of the depression I was dealing with last fall/winter has finally slumped away.

2. I feel proud of myself, and my husband, for accomplishing this thing. I'm pretty sure we've found a way to make this sustainable, by cutting down on the amount of meals we eat out, and being sure we plan for lunches on Saturday rather than just stopping for fast food -- it's cheaper to eat at home, and even if it's the same price or a dollar or two more, it's better food and healthier.

3. I have so much energy. I normally take a nap on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...but I didn't nap Saturday or Sunday this week (Friday I was curled up on the couch and vegging out and it was just too comfy :P ). And: I didn't feel the lack of the nap. Instead, I got that time back those two days. I felt so much more productive having done things during those hours rather than sleeping.

4. I've tried new veggies: beet greens (sauteed in (compliant) bacon fat, verdict: Meh), artichokes (I like the nutty flavor, but it's a lot of work for so little food), and rainbow chard (this week! probably with bacon and onions, alongside burgers), and radishes (black ones, I'll be roasting them).

5. I'm excited to keep trying new recipes (Shannon posted so many salad ideas in a thread, and I've only tried one of them!).

6. My pants seem to button a little easier. I haven't lost a full pant size, but my current size was fitting a little tighter, and seems to be better.

7. I have no cravings (mental or physical) for the chocolate stash the office keeps in the supply room near me.

All that said...I'm really looking forward to toasting my husband with a hard cider Wednesday at dinner.  :P And I'm looking forward to our ice cream date Saturday (eat dinner at home, then go to the store and find a pint of ice cream to split). Beyond that...I don't know. There's nothing I miss on a daily basis, nothing I want to add in regularly. 

day 30!! super exciting.  my overall takeaway is this was totally do-able and NOT HARD AT ALL.  maybe i had expectations that made it seem harder than it actually was...! very excited that i cleaned up my eating, and kept that going for 30 days.  like i said, i will maintain a paleo/whole30 diet during the week, and then relax for the weekends!

i am almost a little antsy for this day to end so i can check the final day off my countdown tally : )

I'm a day behind you all!  My day 30 is tomorrow.  I've been feeling great too, lots of energy. I got lots of organizing done this last weekend.

After this,  I will plan to stay pretty much on the  Whole30 eating plan but allow myself a cheat here or there.  My goal is do another Whole30 in 3 months or so.  Usually by then I'm starting to go off track again.. allowing myself more cheats than I can call acceptable. :)   

Last weekend the kids had pizza at a pizza place.  I was tempted, started to rationalize that I do a Whole30 often enough.. I don't HAVE to do it a complete 30 days.  But then I reminded myself that if I stopped then and ate whatever then I really couldn't say I had done a Whole30.  So I was good.. had a plain salad with very little on it..  and ate more when I got home.  I felt good that I had kept my resolve to finish the 30 days.

It's been fun!!  I'll definitely do it again. :) 

Thanks for being such an encouraging group!!! 

Kristina

Congratulations to everyone who made it a full 30 days. You guys should all be very proud of yourself. I know for some people it's not that hard and for others it almost feels impossible. Either way you made it. Like I told everyone a few weeks ago I had to restart my 30 days and now I'm currently on day 11. I feel so much healthier than I have Felt in a long time. A lot of my joint pain and longtime inflammation is gone. I have way more energy and my energy is constant throughout the day. I'm definitely going to adopt this Paleo eating style for the rest of my life. I'm almost a little scared to reintroduce foods because I don't want to go back to feeling the way I was before I started my whole 30. But I need to figure out what foods were causing havoc on my body . Anyways I wanted to say again congratulations to everyone who made it.

Day 30!!!! We did it!! This was a great journey and am so excited to continue the best, healthy journey of my life! The learning experience will continue, and I can see which foods aren't my friends. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories, uncertainties and for our knowing moderators, that have kept us on track! I feel like @darnell707, a little afraid to reintroduce, but grateful for the knowledge I'll gain...and I'm in control now!

I started a new thread about reintroduction, but I tried peanut butter as my first reintro item. I love peanut butter, eaten it for years, never an issue. I had it on a compliant wrap and within an hour was horribly congested, sore throat and then digestive issues. Wow. Very eye opening. It's gone now...but am really glad to be Whole30 the next 2 days to recover. Now I see why I had to take allergy meds & use an inhaler (surely it wasn't something I ate?!) LOL!

• Moderators

Congrats to all who finished in this group!!

Just a note that we'd love for you guys to continue together as a group if you want to discuss re-introductions but we'd ask that you start a new thread over in the Post Whole30 section so as to avoid confusion to anyone who may come along and read this thread later.

Archived