Jan. 18, 2016 Start Date

Audabee

Happy Day 5 over here!!!

Still going strong, am sleeping better already, which is nice. I am not too cranky today, not like the first whole 30 where days 4-5 were very trying!!!

got some ood food from the store and looking forward to making some good food this weekend!!!! :) 

We got this!!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello day 5! It does get easier. Worked today, though, and didn't get much time to eat. I'm a substitute teacher and if we get 15 min to eat, it's a miracle. I wonder how other teachers do it...hard to drink the water, too and potty breaks are more scarce than lunch. But it was still a very successful whole30 day! Had chores to do outside and came in & made a Crio Bru with coconut cream to warm up. Starting dinner now, steak, butternut squash, broccoli Hope everyone has a great day & ready for the weekend!

Day 6 starts !! Hard to get up at 5 on saturday ... 

Morning tea ! I think I'm slimmer because my boops are smaller and there is something different in my figure.... (I may still be dreaming :D ). 

Oh Yesterday I had a bad time at dinner with my family (they don't really understand what I'm doing). I had to refuse fresh home made canelloni with brucciu and spinach and home made peach wine. When I said I'd have soup instead, my parents were like "what ? Are you sick ?" :D

Happy day6 everyone !

Day 5 for me today and I feel like the time is flying by!  From years of doing WW on and off and weighing in every week on that program I have become very aware of how my body feels when I lose weight.  I used to make bets with myself before stepping on the scale and 99% of the time, not only did I know whether or not I had lost that week, I was almost always right on the amount I lost.  I am 100% positive that I have lost weight already.  I'm guessing around 5 pounds.

I have a couple of NSV's so far....no more heartburn/indigestion.  I was taking Tums daily.  Sometimes multiple times/day.  None of that since starting Whole30, so that is a very good thing.  Also, I definitely notice that my stomach is much flatter and my muffin top is much smaller.  I actually wore a tank top to the gym yesterday that I had tried on about 2 weeks ago and thought "no way am I letting anyone see me in this!"

Breakfast this morning is leftover venison stew (a concoction I made up yesterday with some leftover tomato soup from my Vitamix and some ground venison given to me by a friend who go a 10 point buck at the beginning of hunting season).  I will be sad when this is gone because it is so yummy!

My closest Trader Joe's is 30 minutes away but I am going to try to get out there this weekend.  Mainly looking for compliant smoked salmon which is one of my favorite treats on earth, but I'll see what else I can find while I'm there.  Maybe some of the coconut coffee cream I've been hearing about too.

What does everyone else have planned for this weekend?  

Good morning everyone!

I slept past 5 am today. I can't remember the last time I did that! I'm feeling really good today.

I have a " road trip" with a good friend today and it will include lunch and dinner out. I am prepared and have decided what I will have.

The most exciting part of our trip today is that I have been trying to get this friend to change her eating habits for ages. She has so many health issues that even her doctor has told her are connected to her eating habits. She texted me over the Christmas break and said she wants to get started on it and wanted my help getting her kitchen in order. So today we are going shopping to set her up with some basic supplies and some cookbooks. We are both pumped!

There are a few ladies at work who are looking into doing the Whole 30 plan after we talked extensively about how we were all feeling. When I said I was finally starting to sleep better they both decided to look into it too.

Have a great day everyone!

Audrey, that sounds fun!  Sleep is one of the things that I am really hoping improves for me.  I haven't had a good night's sleep since September when my Dad got really sick.  He wound up passing away on October 8th and I think the stress of all that plus worrying about my Mom just completely ruined my sleep.  It's getting a little better, but I am still restless and toss and turn pretty much all night.  I will say that I got into such a habit of napping in the afternoon because I was so tired and since starting Whole30, I lay down for my nap out of habit and then realize I'm not tired.  Progress.

Technically I started the 19th, but I think I'm moving to this thread because the other one seems to have died on the vine. 

Finishing day 5. This is my third whole30, and I'm now remembering that last time, as this one, I am not hungry. I'll go hours and hours (like 6-8 hours) and then suddenly realize I haven't eaten. This is weird because one of the things I wanted this whole30 to help with is my constant hunger. Why so dramatic a change? 

Also, in the dramatic change department, is it possible my arthritis is better from just such a short period of time? I could already tell a difference on day two! 

• Moderators

Technically I started the 19th, but I think I'm moving to this thread because the other one seems to have died on the vine. 

Finishing day 5. This is my third whole30, and I'm now remembering that last time, as this one, I am not hungry. I'll go hours and hours (like 6-8 hours) and then suddenly realize I haven't eaten. This is weird because one of the things I wanted this whole30 to help with is my constant hunger. Why so dramatic a change? 

Also, in the dramatic change department, is it possible my arthritis is better from just such a short period of time? I could already tell a difference on day two!

Hi Alvastarr, yes it is possible that your arthritis is feeling better in such a short period of time... just imagine how amazing you'll feel in 25 more days!

As far as 6-8 hours between meals, that's a LONG time... can you post what you've been eating and portion sizes and we can see what's going on?

Hi all. I didn't get on the form yesterday because I fell asleep  at around 8 pm. :D  I hope everyone is doing well. Today is day 6 for me and i felt great today. I had energy all day. I wasn't very hunger. I had to make myself eat lunch and I cant remember the last time I wasn't  hungry at lunch time. It was crazy. 

@ladyshanny Thanks for you help. I have read the template. I guess I shouldn't  have said "small" meals, lol.  They are just small for me. 

I guess I should tell you what my meals are like. For breakfast I have 5 eggs, scrambled with unions and mushrooms and a palm size piece of stake. I like a big breakfast. Lunch will be some type of palm size protein, veggies and cashews. At about 3 pm I might have a chicken salad if I am hungry. Then at about 7 we 

have dinner which is normally a palm size protein, cauliflower rice and steamed vegetables but we change up dinner a lot. My wife has been using different recipes from the whole30 book. Any advise on my meal prep would be greatly appreciated. Thanks  

• Moderators

Hi Darnell - If you're not hungry at lunch, maybe try less eggs and more vegetables... try and eat at least 2-3 cups of vegetables at each meal...

The other things I can suggest are to try a more balanced fat than nuts at lunch time (avocado, olives, mayo) and add some fat to your dinner :)

Otherwise it looks good and it sounds like you're doing well!

On our shopping trip yesterday we ended up in Chapters and right at the front door there was a whole display of Whole 30 books. I bought one and have planned my whole week's worth of menus from it based on the sales at the stores this week. So pumped to get started prepping for the week. Tonight is garlic shrimp with zucchini noodles.

I slept 8 1/2 hours last night. Totally unheard of for me.

Happy Sunday all!

Today's been a good day so far. I want to drink beer so bad LOL. Football is not the same without beer. Looks like I got some habits to change. Since I'm not drinking beer, I put a half a gallon of water next to me and I have already drink it all. I'm going to refill it and try to drink at least another half-gallon. Hopefully everybody's having a good day. Stay strong everybody. When you lay down for bed tonight. You will have the satisfaction of saying you made it one week.

Oh for the love of all things holy.... I'm a week in and just having a "kill all the things day". Waaay lots of energy and not channeling it well. Going to do another 20 on the eliptical, but trying to watch football too. @Alvastarr I too found immediate relief on day 2 from arthritis symptoms. Will be interesting to see who the culprit is at re-introduction.

Good morning everyone!

Darnell - good for you on the water instead of beer!  I am thankful I have never liked beer and am not much of a drinker so no alcohol is no problem for me.

This morning I am sad that my beloved Patriots lost their game yesterday, but my second favorite Panthers are going to the SuperBowl so that eases the pain a bit.  :)

Yestereday I went to 3 grocery stores!  That was exhausting.  My closest Whole Foods and Trader Joes are right across the street from each other, but they are 30 minutes away.  I got some great things at both.  Most excited about the smoked salmon from TJ's and the bacon from WF.  I think I'll be making the trip weekly.  Then, of course I had to go to Kroger to get my boyfriend his Diet Coke, Wheat Thins and Vanilla Wafers which he thinks he cannot live without.  :(

Dinner last night was amazing!  Broiled NY Strip Steak with olive oil, salt & pepper, sweet potatoes, carrots & butternut squash mashed with salt, coconut milk & ghee and some olives to make sure I had enough fat.  So Yummy!!

I am so excited about breakfast this morning since I finally got my hands on some compliant smoked salmon.  I be making scrambled eggs with salmon & avocado and roasted asparagus.  

Also, I bought some TJ's coffee and it is so much more delicious with coconut milk than the cheap crap I had been buying at Kroger.  I guess quality matters!  lol.  When you buy the cheap stuff you have to cover up the taste with cream and sugar.  I never realized that before.

I can't believe that tomorrow will only be one week.  I am thoroughly enjoying this so far!  

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!  Make it a great day!

Good morning guys! Feeling a little sleepy this Monday morning. I've got to make clarified butter again today. I think I missed some milk solids last time and had to scrape off the top..hopefully I do better this time. I'm also going to look at football party recipes since my team made it!

Does it say anywhere to limit sweet potatoes? I don't eat them with every meal,but I probably eat 1 a day.

Ok,I'm off to make some eggs and kale :)

Oh, I had a I want to kill all the things yesterday too. Trying to make more homemade mayonnaise and it just wasn't happening for me. Of course, my husband felt the need to come into the kitchen to try to point out what I may have been doing wrong. Hahahahaha, you would think after 33 years of marriage he would know by now that that is not a good idea. Third attempt was the winner.

Dinner las night was from the Whole 30 book, Romesco Garlic Shrimp over Zucchini Noodles. Soooooo delicious!

Happy Monday, all. Have a great day!

Audrey

@SamL: If I remember correctly, one sweet potato per day is fine. I hope so, because that's about what I average. :)

Day 8! My husband cooked dinner last night (and used every dish in the kitchen, but we won't mention that). I had picked up some thin cut pork chops on sale, and he had the idea to make a version of the double down sandwich from KFC. He dredged the chops in egg then in almond meal/coconut and fried them, and layered two chops with compliant bacon and mashed sweet potatoes in between. (We also had the creamed spinach from Well Fed 1 or 2 on the side.) They turned out so delicious! I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch, and leftover chops for breakfast this week too. :D

This morning I had stew that I made Friday night for breakfasts, this time with an over easy egg on top. So good!

I'm finding it quite easy to avoid the chocolate in the storage room next to me at work...before when I tried to "limit" my candy intake, it never stuck. Apparently I need an all-or-nothing attitude toward crappy food.

All I have to say is- I can't believe I made it through the weekend without my glorious wine!  The food is easy.  I follow my menu, drink tea and water, and the day flies by.  But oh boy, it was tough on Saturday night with the snowstorm coming down and my husband drinking a delicious glass of red wine next to me on the couch.  I stayed strong with tea : )

Last night made salmon in a coconut sauce with basil, accompanied by riced cauliflower and roasted sweet potato.

Had an interesting part of breakfast this morning- skimmed some of the coconut milk from the can that I didn't use last night for my salmon dish (unsweetened, full fat) and added some blueberries - it was GREAT! Highly recommend.

So far so good!  I made it thru the weekend.  I was dragging tho.  I need to go back and look at the timeline.  I think it's about the right time to be feeling extra tired.  This morning my pants felt a little bit tighter too.  I  don't remember which day your clothes will feel a little bit tighter.  I thought day 9..  Considering I wanted to kill all things on the first day of the whole30 maybe things are just happening earlier for me.  I realize I'm just thinking out loud...  I could just pull up the timeline and check. ya think? lol

I made a wonderful curry dish yesterday.  Can't wait to have it for lunch today!  I browned cubed chicken breast then added diced onion. Once the onion was transclucent.  Then added peeled and cubed sweet potato then covered with chicken broth.  Added Red Curry Paste (I made sure it was compliant), one can of coconut milk and simmered it until the sweet potato was cooked thru.  We had it over cauliflower rice.  Yummy!  It was not as spicy as I would have preferred, but I added some black pepper and that gave it a little kick.   My boys ages 9,7,4 would only eat the chicken tho....   My hubby and I enjoyed the dish.  My hubby would have preferred it over rice, but oh well....   he survived. LOL  I think I'm going to try some more curry dishes..  I love that coconut spice flavor and it's so easy to make.  Yum!

I'm having a hard time getting back into my exercise routine.  I had been trying to do at least 30 mins of something every day.  I have a treadmill (so there is no excuse).  But two months ago.. I just stopped and it's been hit and miss since.  Now trying to get back to it, so  it's something I've been struggling with long before starting whole30.  such a challenge!!  After working all day, then coming home and cooking, the last thing I want to do is jump on the treadmill.  Okay, this is becoming a rant.. so I'll stop now..  :)

Glad everyone is seeing benefilts from the whole30.  I really enjoy the absence of food guilt.  (I struggle with guilt issues anyway)  I love knowing what I eat is whole food and 100 percent healthy for me!   And I truly enjoy the food!  

Have a great day, everyone!!

Kristina

What's everyone cooking this week? I'm going to get a new cookbook or 2 and a spiralizer.

Kristina-when I don't feel like working out,I go back to one of my favorites..yoga! It's a nice break from the more intense stuff.

Good morning everyone, I'm new to this forum thing :) I thought it would be a great idea to have some support with other women. I'm on day 7 and I haven't had any symptoms of being tired, bloated, energy...and so on. Maybe grouchy here and there when I have gone too long between meals. I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing all this wrong! In all honesty, I've been sticking to the rules. Is anyone else not having "symptoms" yet? I am so not on the timeline, maybe it will all hit me this week.

Archived