Jan. 18, 2016 Start Date

Audabee

One thing to keep in mind about the timeline is that it's a generalization. Everyone is different, so if you don't hit a point on the timeline, there's nothing wrong with you, and you're (probably) not doing it wrong; it's just the way your body is reacting. Also, it matters a lot how you ate before you started -- the worse it was, the more likely you are to hit the points on the timeline (I think).

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8! My husband cooked dinner last night (and used every dish in the kitchen, but we won't mention that). I had picked up some thin cut pork chops on sale, and he had the idea to make a version of the double down sandwich from KFC. He dredged the chops in egg then in almond meal/coconut and fried them, and layered two chops with compliant bacon and mashed sweet potatoes in between. (We also had the creamed spinach from Well Fed 1 or 2 on the side.) They turned out so delicious! I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch, and leftover chops for breakfast this week too. :D

Creamed spinach is one of my favorite side dishes!  Would love it if you could give a link to the recipe you used!

Good morning everyone, I'm new to this forum thing :) I thought it would be a great idea to have some support with other women. I'm on day 7 and I haven't had any symptoms of being tired, bloated, energy...and so on. Maybe grouchy here and there when I have gone too long between meals. I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing all this wrong! In all honesty, I've been sticking to the rules. Is anyone else not having "symptoms" yet? I am so not on the timeline, maybe it will all hit me this week.

I really haven't had any symptoms of anything yet.  I'm on Day 6.  I feel great and I feel like this is almost too easy!  I spent about 2 weeks easing into the program while I was still learning about it and then I picked a day for my Day 1.  

Also, I was staring at myself in the mirror this morning and I already see a difference in my face after only 6 days.  

I may be eating my words later, but right now I feel like the next 24 days will be a breeze.  :)

hello all!!! Survived the weekend of being snowed in... and stayed on track... even though my husband bought some nutella yesterday and it smelled so delicious.  I am pretty sure me huffing that is what gave me a food dream last night. Dreamt that I 2 king Size Kit Kats!!! And I felt so bad and like I let myself down... serious guilt as I was dream eating them.... Woke up and was like ... okay, that did not happen.

Made some pork over the weekend along with tons of roasted veggies, some spaghetti squash, and some fried plantains. Looking forward to making some chili and cole slaw tonight. 

Have a great day 8!!! 

I've had a couple of dreams like that already!! It was things that I had accidentally eaten lol

I need to do better about thinking /cooking ahead of time. I don't think my youngest is feeling well and he wants mommy. .my husband is going to have to cook dinner (which I haven't even come up with yet!!) I've read some of Mel Joulwan's tips and whole 30 experiences so that helped.

MadscienceM..how much snow did you get?

Thanks for the suggestions!  I really enjoy Korean Dramas so it's a good idea to watch  while exercising.   I also need to remind myself  that stretching/yoga/pilates still counts as exercise too. :)

SamL :  I too need to be better at cooking/planning ahead of time.  I'm heading home after work and have no idea what I'm going to cook tonight!!  So I totally understand.  And really to be honest the times I have messed up a whole30 was because I wasn't prepared.  sigh.....   it's a nice reminder.

Have a good night!  So glad to be done with work today.

Have a safe commute home to those that are getting done with work.  :)

Kristina

Hey all, thanks for everything in this thread, it's been super helpful. I started on the 18th as well. I don't have much of a cooking background so this has been a trial by fire experience. I'm getting better but still not comfortable creating meals. I need to follow the recipes better but so far I've been compliant.

Has anyone experienced dizziness? I was also snowed in this weekend and definitely felt pretty tired late in the day sun and today in addition to the dizziness. Maybe it was all the shoveling. :).

Anyway, thanks again for the all the post.

Today I had so much energy at work! I put in 10,000 steps before lunch!

I took the leftovers from last night's dinner ( Romesco garlic prawns with zucchini noodles) for lunch today. Lots of envy at the table!

Tonight was cod with mushroom & red pepper relish, cauliflower rice and a green salad. My husband really enjoyed so that's saying something! Wish I could post a picture of it!

Thanks @TracyA it was tough but I made it. I'm going to stay home on Super Bowl Sunday and have a friend of mine and his family over for a Paleo/vegetarian Super Bowl party. His wife is a vegetarian and knows how to make some wonderful vegetable dishes. And I'll do what I do best. Barbecue some delicious meat.

Day 8 was good my energy was level all day. My hunger was in check. I'm still experiencing inflammation caused by my autoimmune disease. But I can say it is getting better. Hope everybody had another successful day.

One thing to keep in mind about the timeline is that it's a generalization. Everyone is different, so if you don't hit a point on the timeline, there's nothing wrong with you, and you're (probably) not doing it wrong; it's just the way your body is reacting. Also, it matters a lot how you ate before you started -- the worse it was, the more likely you are to hit the points on the timeline (I think).

Yay to day 8! I am overflowing in energy. Found ways to channel it today, so it didn't make me feel as tense as when it came on yesterday. Tonight I do notice the  "For the love of Gosling, my pants are TIGHTER". Definitely have some "bloat" going on. Normally I'd be really stressing about it, but knowing the timeline, I 

am happy knowing I may finally be setting right my digestive system and all that goes with that guardian of the immune functions. I heard my husband on the phone bragging to someone about me doing the Whole 30 and what a change it has already been:)  He's even been pointing out the "bad" ingredients on labels. Normally I'm pretty private about diets and such.... but took the advice of many and made the commitment publicly on Facebook. I've posted a couple of the memes from the Whole30 FB site, to update people once or twice....and today I got so many people asking about the program. Thanks everyone for keeping us going and giving us a safe place to say what we need to while we're on this journey. And thank you Melissa and Dallas for sharing this with us! 

• Moderators

Hey all, thanks for everything in this thread, it's been super helpful. I started on the 18th as well. I don't have much of a cooking background so this has been a trial by fire experience. I'm getting better but still not comfortable creating meals. I need to follow the recipes better but so far I've been compliant.

Has anyone experienced dizziness? I was also snowed in this weekend and definitely felt pretty tired late in the day sun and today in addition to the dizziness. Maybe it was all the shoveling. :).

Anyway, thanks again for the all the post.

---> Legal Disclaimer: We are not doctors and cannot offer medical advice so you may want to visit your doctor to see about the dizziness<----

Can you post what you've been eating for the last few days including portion sizes and meal timing and we can see if there's any tweaks to make? Are you salting your food? Low Blood Pressure can be a culprit for feelings of tiredness and dizzyness.

Hello ! 

I'm starting day 9. 

Last night I fell asleep before 12pm, which is the first time in 6 months !! And I slept 8 hours straight, woke up easily. I thought : wow, is that what normal people experience every day ? That's fantastic !!

My mind is clearer, and i feel so light... I'm sure I've lost some weight. 

I also eat more. At the beginning of the program, I had difficulties finishing my meals... 

Happy day 9 everyone ! :)

Good morning!  I am sitting here enjoying a cup of Trader Joe's coffee with coconut milk.  There's a sentence I never thought I would hear myself say!  I have always been a little bit of coffee with my cream and sugar kind of gal.  Only one week in and I am actually enjoying the taste of coffee with no sweetener.  Imagine that?!

Can I just take a moment to say that I think we are all doing great!  :)

Today I have an appointment at 9:00 am and my son has a half day at school both today and tomorrow.  These things are cutting into my new gym routine which means I can't take my classes today or tomorrow.  I am so bummed about that!  I will still go to the gym tonight with my boyfriend, but I never get as good a workout as when I do a class.  

Two weeks ago I was trying to talk myself into getting back to the classes but I was feeling so heavy and lazy that it sounded like torture.  Today I am sad that I can't go.  What a difference.

Breakfast this morning will be sautéed onions and a huge amount of baby spinach leaves topped with scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and avocado.  

Hope everyone has a great day today!

This week I am not as well prepared.  But it hasn't stopped me yet!  Put a pork shoulder in the slow cooker this morning before I left for work, so that will be ready when I get home.

Last night had chicken thighs and carrots for dinner- super basic, but good.  Today's breakfast was dicey as I ran out of my hardboiled eggs yesterday.  Had sauteed kale with sweet potatoes, and then an apple and blueberries, plus 1 cup of coffee with emulsified coconut oil.  Lunch will be chicken thigh and a melange of veggies!  Also some radishes to eat with sea salt.

Friday night am eating out with friends.  Need to figure out what to eat!

@ SamL we got about 18 inches of snow... so a good bit, but not as much as some other places!

@ Tracy A , I agree we are all rocking it out.

Day 9 is going well for me, am going to the gym to lift tonight so looking forward to that. Have taken it easy the first part fo this Whole 30, to give my body time to rest after a busy fall racing schedule. Had some grown beef with cabbage for breakfast. Ran out of time to make chili last night, so just went with ground beef for breakfast :) will hopefully get home in time to make it tonight... For lack of a better description I am a "Burn the Candle at Both Ends"  person (as many of us on this journey are as well.) During the week, I hardly ever make it home before 8:00pm, so preplanning of meals is critical for me... Today I brought my food for lunch, pre and post WO and dinner with me. just very thankful I had made food over the weekend!

looking forward to getting back to riding my own bike after this is all over. I definitely need this Whole 30 to but myself back on the track of healthy eating. prior to my vacation in december, I was doing well riding my own bike and making "worth it" choices. just allowed myself to run off the rails during vacation (nomrally not a big deal), but just let it slide with the holidays. so am looking forward to getting back into that space where I ate good food, ran faster, lifted heavier, and was happy. Trying to sell a house right now, which is a bit stressful, so am hyper aware of keeping the sugar dealer (who deals happiness with every gram) away. Am happy that I have been able to resist. My next test will be when I coach 14 hours at a Gymnastics meet, 3 sessions 40 gymnasts, will take hard boiled eggs, epic bars, and some carrots and broccoli to snack on.... I got this!

Thanks @TracyA it was tough but I made it. I'm going to stay home on Super Bowl Sunday and have a friend of mine and his family over for a Paleo/vegetarian Super Bowl party. His wife is a vegetarian and knows how to make some wonderful vegetable dishes. And I'll do what I do best. Barbecue some delicious meat.

Day 8 was good my energy was level all day. My hunger was in check. I'm still experiencing inflammation caused by my autoimmune disease. But I can say it is getting better. Hope everybody had another successful day.

My Husband is most likely working that night, so I am thinking about going to the Fire Station to watch it with the guys, but know I will have to plan well... the guys aren't exactly Whole 30, much less Paleo friendly. But I know if I show up with Fried Plantains and chili, they will devour it along with me :)

I've been enjoying mixing up my breakfasts a little. Stew last weekend, stew yesterday with an over easy egg on top, and today, scrambled eggs with fried potatoes, and leftover pork chops. I have another serving of stew in the fridge, so I'll probably polish that off tomorrow, but I was missing my usual scrambled eggs. :) (I'm not a person who's ever tired of eggs for meal 1, lol.)

This evening I'm having a friend over for dinner, and I threw on a giant crockpot of chili. Ground beef, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of tomatoes and chilis, 1 can of chopped chilis, 3/4 of a diced onion, and a butternut squash. Yum. I'm looking forward to it this evening.

Since I've been cooking more for meals, I've not had the make-me-crazy hunger. Last night, dinner was later than usual, so I had a burger, guac, and broccoli before I headed out for my violin lesson, and that made me not hungry and not cranky till I could eat dinner.

@MadScienceM: It's funny how people will make fun of you (gently or otherwise) for eating healthy (or as one of my friends calls it, "hippie food" lol), but then eat it down just as quick as a SAD version. :)

@ rhed Very true... the guys tease me about it, they call it the "No Fun Food" Diet. but then I kick their butts doing something physical and they call it "Beast Diet"... I try to tell them its the way to go, but they are resistant.... 

I will say my hunger has evened out as well... when I went all crazy off the rails I had some serious Hangry moments, but when I get myself back on track, its not ever that bad.... Sugar Dragon is quite a strong willed beast!!!! :)

It must be chili season! I am going to put mine over spaghetti squash, but hadnt thought about putting butternut squash in there.... 

I woke up with a cold :/ runny nose,sneezing,feel like there's a sneeze always stuck in your head lol..my oldest was sick last week and my youngest didn't feel well yesterday..guess it's my turn.

I made clarified butter for the 2nd time yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. When it's been in the fridge for a while,it gets a lighter color on the top and the first time I thought it was some milk solids that got left behind..this time I used my mesh strainer and 3-4 layers cheesecloth after getting pretty much all solids out so I don't know...

Tonight,we are trying cracklin chicken for the first time with roast broccoli and sprouts(my kids favorites).

They've gotten better about eating!my youngest has never been picky,but w30 has taken away some of his favorites and he's a routine kid so he's having a hard time giving up his morning oatmeal. He will eat eggs now(didn't before) and now both boys have decided they like baked sweet potatoes,but not roasted. I lost part of my lunch because I baked my sweet potatoes!

Today, I adjusted our meal times and I'm hoping to go without a snack/mini-meal between lunch and dinner. I was eating one because I'm still nursing,but I'm going to see if I can go without.

Archived