Jan. 18, 2016 Start Date

Audabee

Day 15 !

Work has been crazy today, so no time to check in before this!!!

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well!!! Hang in there, we got this!

on the weeks I do my best to be "unplugged" so I dont normally log on... I missed alot!!!

I did have two really good runs over the weekend... even managed to do a nice 5 miler despite some still icy trails and 28 degrees outside. Yesterday's light run of 3 miles was so much warmer.... Cant wait for spring!!!

Made Myself Pad Thai from Well fed last night and the pina colada chicken from well fed 2. So good!!!! looking forward to those all week!!!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. Everything is going well here. Energy has picked up and my caffeine (coffee now, was energy drinks) has been cut by more than half with no afternoon lulls. Pretty exciting in my opinion. I was wondering what you guys eat post workout. I use to have a shake in the car on the way home from training. Now I'm not sure what to do while commuting? Great job everyone!

Darnell, I'm on day 21. I was super tired and lethargic days 9-15. Not sure why, but then I got my energy back and I have been very "alive" since. Over the weekend I was very motivated, creative, and productive. This process is a series of phases, and being tired is simply a part of the process. Good luck.

Day 15 for me today so I hope the tiger blood starts to kick in. Thanks for the input.

I think today was my "kill all the things" day. I just did not have my normal patience today. Managed to make it through with no problems with my food. In fact, dinner tonight was really delicious.

I made no fuss salmon cakes and butternut squash with kale and spinach. Both recipes are from the whole 30 book.

A nice warm bath, then my stretching and meditation before bed and things will be a lot better in the morning.

Hope everybody had a great day. It's Day 15 and I am proud of myself for making it to the halfway point. I'm going to treat myself to something I'm just not sure what yet. I'm thinking maybe a massage or something like that. I get these emails call the whole 30 daily. It had some good recommendations. So I'll share them with you.

Mod edit: please don't share the content of the paid email subscriptions online.

Everybody's doing so great. Keep up the good work. Two weeks down, no slips, no cheats and no regrets. Only two weeks to go.

Hope everybody had a great day. It's Day 15 and I am proud of myself for making it to the halfway point. I'm going to treat myself to something I'm just not sure what yet. I'm thinking maybe a massage or something like that. I get these emails call the whole 30 daily. It had some good recommendations. So I'll share them with you.

Mod edit to remove copyrighted content.

Everybody's doing so great. Keep up the good work. Two weeks down, no slips, no cheats and no regrets. Only two weeks to go.

This is an awesome list! I was actually thinking of splurging on a massage for myself. I am feeling really good about this whole journey. I know that I am going to be so much healthier for it. I am already sleeping better and if that's all that comes out of this journey I would be happy. All the other benefits are a bonus for me.

I have noticed that skin is way better too. I guess those are my NSV so far....Yahoo!

Our grocery bill increases, but we eat out way less, so it's actually cheaper for us in the long run. If this becomes a foundation for lifestyle, kale and chard grow fairly well in home gardens in many US regions. Another way to cut costs. (still eating kale, chard, arugula, carrots, beets, cabbage, parsnips, in Oregon).

That's the thing,we never ate out before. We mostly ate the same way we are now,but could supplement with rice,beans,etc..which we could get cheaply and in bulk(even organic).

We are finding that our grocery bill has definitely gone up but that was to be expected I guess with the way our dollar is diving. Fruits and vegetables have definitely gone up. I find it appalling that eating fruits and vegetables is more expensive than crap food....just not right.

Day 17 and getting things done!!!

Yesterday was a BUSY day for me, out of my office doing some field work and then ended up subbing for the coach for our upper level gymnasts. I normally only coach them on floor exercise, but got the chance to do all events yesterday and it was fun and challenging, way more skills to spot, lots of moving around!

Today is in my office, then off to coach, then teach dance... I hsave to say that I do enjoy coaching, but I love teacing Dance, I teach intro and intermediate level hip hop and it is my passion!!! :) 

My first whole 30, I treated myself to a new pair of boots and a new pair of jeans to celebrate.... it was well worth it because I am reminded making it my first round everytime I wear the boots!!! :)

This time I think I may go for a massage too!

MadscienceM, I had the idea today to look for a dance class in my area. I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it, but I have so much energy and want to use it somewhere! lol

I'm feeling a little sluggish today, I think because it's that time of the month and I haven't had enough starchy veg. I will definitely correct that tonight.

Hey everyone!  I have had a super busy couple of days,  but I've been following along with all of your posts and it sounds like everyone is still going strong!  Today is Day 16 for me and I'm still doing really well.  I did have some food cravings the other day for the first time since starting.  They passed.

I am slightly concerned about this Saturday.  It is my boyfriend's birthday and he picked this little pizza place for dinner.  Pizza is his absolute favorite thing!  The place is really small and has a small menu so not much to choose from other than pizza which is obviously out of the question.  I have been studying the menu online so I have a few options in case some of the items I'm looking at are not compliant.  Fingers crossed that their tomato basil soup does not have any dairy in it.

• Moderators

Hey everyone!  I have had a super busy couple of days,  but I've been following along with all of your posts and it sounds like everyone is still going strong!  Today is Day 16 for me and I'm still doing really well.  I did have some food cravings the other day for the first time since starting.  They passed.

I am slightly concerned about this Saturday.  It is my boyfriend's birthday and he picked this little pizza place for dinner.  Pizza is his absolute favorite thing!  The place is really small and has a small menu so not much to choose from other than pizza which is obviously out of the question.  I have been studying the menu online so I have a few options in case some of the items I'm looking at are not compliant.  Fingers crossed that their tomato basil soup does not have any dairy in it.

Commercially prepared tomato soup will almost certainly have sugar in it unfortunately... it's what cuts the acidity.

Is it possible that you eat ahead of time and have a salad at the actual dinner?  Maybe if you dont' want to eat ahead of time, you could bring some sliced chicken breast and your own dressing (altho I'm sure this place must have olive oil and vinegar) and then order a big salad and dump your own stuff on top.

I have brag about my day yesterday.

My kids were coming over for dinner last night and I just didn't feel like cooking a big dinner so I sent Tim off to grab a couple of large pizzas from Papa Murphys with the plan that I would just nibble on the toppings. It wasn't until they came out of the oven that I realized that this wasn't an option because of the cheese. It smelled loved really amazing but I very quickly made myself an omelet....a really loaded one, and I was good. I felt really good about not folding and nibbling on the toppings!

I slept through the night again last night, second night in a row!

Congrats to everyone who has made it so far!

azcoolmom -- sounds like tiger blood to me. :D

Audabee -- Awesome! Good job resisting the pizza!

Day 18!

When we were doing our Sunday shop, I purposefully didn't get the chicken that was on my list because I thought I'd mistakenly added it. Then I realized I needed it for my meal Tuesday night -- d'oh! But when I stopped in the store Tuesday to get it, I also found burger patties on sale (aka, sell these quick before they go bad!) for half price, so I was able to get some of those, which are what we're having for dinner tonight. ^^ (I did stick them in the freezer between then and now, just in case). I love serendipitous finds that save me from thinking about what to cook. 

I didn't really go to the grocery store this week, which has forced me to get creative with what I have in the kitchen- and this recipe was an amazing success! Yum! http://nomnompaleo.com/post/2825821540/quick-cream-of-tomato-soup

I actually skipped the broth as I didn't have any that is compliant, and it turned out great.  I also didn't measure the amount of coconut milk, just eye-balled it and I think it was less than the 8.5 oz the recipe called for.

Friends are coming to town this weekend. Trying to figure out what to make for that, and for Super Bowl!  Husband requested something delicious and compliant : )

Does anyone else have a problem with not liking a more savory taste in their mouth after lunch? I like to follow my lunch up with an orange or a few mandarin oranges to get rid of the food taste and leave my mouth feeling fresher.

• Moderators

Does anyone else have a problem with not liking a more savory taste in their mouth after lunch? I like to follow my lunch up with an orange or a few mandarin oranges to get rid of the food taste and leave my mouth feeling fresher.

Brushing your teeth works perfectly :)

Day 19 and hanging in there. My stepson's birthday is today and my husband made pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing.... I left this morning before they were devored... although they smelled very good!!! 

nothing too crazy planned for the weekends, am going to try a nice easy chicken recipe I have adapted to be whole 30 (swap ghhe for butter, almond flour for regular) will see how it goes.

Hoping to get in a few good runs this weekend.... feels good to be back on the road again!!!

I'm still in there too..  :)  Nice to see everyone so determined to make it! Your posts really helped me today!  I've been struggling with thoughts of "it won't hurt to just eat a little bit".  There have been lots of temptations this week!  My hubby made Choc chip mint cookies (a double batch), gluten free pizza, gluten free pretzels, the choc has been screaming at me from the cupboard! lol   Today was a pizza party at work.. bunches of temptations.  So far I've stayed strong.. but I admit to wavering a little!! 

I'm happy to be going grocery shopping cuz my food supply is getting low.   Looking forward to stocking up!  I'd like to make some new recipes.  I have the wellfed cookbooks kindle edition and I haven't made anything from them yet. I'll have to find something..  :)

Have a great weekend everyone,

Kristina

So my day was ruined by a cup of coffee. My coworker asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee and I said sure as long as it didn't have sugar or anything else in it. He assured me it didn't. As soon as I tasted it I knew it had sugar in it. It was instant coffee and the first ingredient on the package was sugar. I was so upset with myself for not checking the label myself. So I'm starting all over with day 1 tomorrow. The good news is I wanted to keep going after 30 days anyway just because I feel so much better. So I'm going to give it another go. I learned a valuable lesson. Don't consume anything unless you prepared it yourself. Good luck to everyone.

Archived