cf4life whole30 log

cf4life

I am really glad I found a place where I can keep a log. A little about my background: I have been doing crossfit since March so for about 6-7 months. I had started eating paleo before the summer, but during the summer I slacked off a lot! I have a tendency to indulge in sweets. Sugar is definitely my drug! If I would wake up in the middle of the night I would find myself eating whatever I could sneak without anyone noticing. I think one night I like 3 in the morning, I ate half a bag of goldfish! I knew I needed to get back under control. My workouts were not getting any better. I never gained weight, but I also wasn't reaching my goals that I wanted to reach. I started the Whole30 program and feel really good about it.

I am currently on Day 5 of the program right now. The first 2 days were fairly easy. I am someone who likes really sweet coffee in the mornings. I don't use sugar but I do use lots of Agave nectar and coconut milk. I cut out the agave nectar on the first day and never looked back. I found that coconut milk and coffee was actually not that bad. Honestly in the first two days I noticed a difference with just taking all that nectar out.

On day 3 I made a mistake and bought my son cookies which have been screaming my name very loudly! I just eat a piece of fruit and move on. My sugar cravings usually hit me at night so I try to just go to bed to tune them out.

On day 4, which was Friday leading into my weekend. Usually Fridays and the weekends are my hardest because we go out to eat and we are always busy. I was determined to make it through the weekend. I felt that if I did not give into the cookies then I was not giving in this weekend. Last night we we went to Black-eyed pea. I was the pain asking if such and such had sugar or butters or oil. I ended up settling on a steak with just seasonings and 2 sides of steamed brocoli because it was the only side without any oil or butter. First off it is amazing how much different food looks when it comes out if it is not smothered in oil or butter, and second of all it actually tastes better. I at about 6 ounces of the steak and was able to get down all the brocoli. There was a lot of it too. On our way home I noticed how I did not feel bloated and full. I felt great. I knew passing up even a bite of the onion rings was a very smart idea.

I have a lot of stomach issues. Like I think I may have IBS or something similar. My stomach always hurts after I eat and usually results with me having to go to the bathroom. I always feel bloated too. This was another reason I decided to do the whole 30 because I wanted to reset my stomach and see if I could get it under control without doctors or medicine. I have to say after 4 full days I can see a difference in my stomach. I do not have near the bloating I usually have. While I am still have stomach issues it is not nearly as bad. I am really excited to find out if this will help me.

I know this is going to be a long journey, but I am excited to see the end results. I need to slay the sugar dragon!!

Good grief, great job at the Black-Eyed Pea....just the smell of the rolls and cornbread is enough to send even the strongest person off the rails!!!!

Sugar was my main reason for starting my first W30...it's hard but it works...but beware, it took me more than one W30 to get that dragon locked away for good! But hang in there it's totally worth it to experience complete freedom!

Okay so I need to catch up. I have really been focusing more on eating because my workouts are so intense and I feel really weak during them. I know that I have got to start eating more and eating the food that is going to provide me the most energy. Monday was horrible which was day 7. I woke up feeling really weak and I had a bad morning with my mom going into the hospital and a nice little fight with the hubby. I chose to work out any way to maybe get some frustration out. Well first off I was working out on an empty stomach which doesnt work well for me. The WOD was horrible. almost couldn't finished and I was extremely dissapointed. I had read so many posts where I have seen peoples numbers declining and work outs not going so good so I wasnt too alarmed.

Tuesday I woke up not feeling good at all!!! I felt so weak and on top of it I had tightness in my shoulders from the workout. I really felt like crap. I sat that one out. I knew this was probably something to do with my eating and potentially the "carb flu." I managed, however, over those two days of real crapiness to stay on track with my eating habits so I was really proud and that helped motivate me further.

Today I woke up again not feeling well. It took me a while to get up. I think that I am cutting coffee out of my diet now. I found that I really like herbal tea and have one that has caffeine in it that kinda gets me to wake up. I got my oldest off to school then came home to get the little one ready for dayschool. I ate some scrambled eggs with garlic and green beans (so good). Came home and drank some herbal tea and started to feel better. I made it to my workout, and boy it was a big one!! I am very happy to say I got a personal record on my Double unders and beat my goal time i had set at the beginning of the workout!!! It was awesome!! I am definitely going to credit the food for this. I have been eating so healthy and clean, plus since I can't drink my workout shakes anymore I am making sure to eat more. This helped a lot.

Archived