leftover chicken

beverlyb30

I cooked a whole chicken mostly so I could use the carcass to make bone broth. I have something else planned for supper tonight and have other leftovers to use for the next 2 nights.  I'll probably use some to make salad. I don't want to make a soup because that will use up all my broth.  Anyone have some new but easy ideas for what I can do with the rest of the chicken meat?

• Moderators

You can find lots of amazing things to make out of chicken if you google Whole30 leftover chicken recipes or paleo leftover chicken recipes (check ingredients to make sure they're compliant).

You can basically make anything you used to make before with a few modifications usually.

I love making chicken salad with leftover chicken pieces, homemade mayo, chopped onions and celery and seasonings (I use curry powder, sea salt, black pepper and a sprinkle of red chili flakes or cayenne for some kick).  Also good with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, ginger, bean sprouts and orange segments for an Asian-inspired chicken salad.  Serve it on greens or wrapped up in a sturdy lettuce leaf!

Cheers,

-Lauren (GGG)

Archived