Ovulation time

angincanada

I'm currently on day 22 of my whole30. I've been trucking along auote nicely from the start with a huge decrease in anxiety and depression and a lot less body and joint pain. That is until yesterday. Started getting some back pain, anxious belly, heart palpitations, pain in my lower abdomen. Sure enough I check my period tracker app and I'm ovulating. Normally I'd break out the comfort food, chocolate, wine, lots and lots and lots of bread. Of course I know I can't do that on the whole 30 bit its super uncomfortable to have to suffer through emotions and stuff when I'm used to using food as a crutch. So I'm curious what gets you through? I have been drinking lots of "happy tea" which is just a combo of some herbs and citrus (all compliant) and just had an Epsom salt bath but still not much relief.

Have you tried crunching on baby carrots (not the tiny ones, but the regular baby size)? That helps me when I just need to chomp on something. I keep baggies of them all washed and ready to go in the fridge. That way I'm able to grab something quick. I usually follow that with a few almonds to balance out the sweetness of the carrots.

Archived