Do I Have to Eat Three Meals/Day??

LPG

I've had that happen when adjusting (or adjusting again) to a Whole30. What I'd suggest is a mini-meal, even just a few bites from each of the protein/fat/veg categories. In other words, if you're not hungry, you're just giving your body a heads up that it's dinner time.

Keep in mind that the 3 meals a day recommendation is often a goal to work toward, and it may take some adjustment over time to get there. But since you're aiming in that directly right now (good on ya for that), a simple mini-meal might be just the thing.

If you'd like some more specific help, you could post a few days' worth of your meals here and get some tips.

• Moderators

I would almost bet money that if you do what Amy says and make yourself a plate of food and eat a few bites from each macro (protein, veggies, fat) that you'll start to feel hungry enough to eat it... our hormones and our minds can play really sneaky games with us... try eating a bit of something and see how you do.

• Moderators

You can skip meals, but it undermines your progress. The best thing you can do for enlisting your metabolism as your ally is to eat your first meal within 1 hour of waking in the morning and then eating at least 2 more times with meals spaced 4-5 hours apart. If you ate large meals earlier in the day and feel you can't eat a third meal, make sure that you compose meals tomorrow that adhere to our meal planning template more closely so that you can eat three. If your meals are already at least the size of our minimum recommendation and you feel full, eat that third meal anyway because the meal planning template very accurately specifies the amount of nourishment your body needs. 

How much to eat

Archived