Starting Sept 24 - Come join me!

Janette

Let's ROCK this thing!

And let's rock it together, because frankly I'm feeling a bit daunted by the idea of no chocolate and wine for a MONTH!! So I'd like to be around other people who believe such things are possible. :)

I'm doing the whole30 because I want to feel really, really good. And possibly lose the spare tire. That would be nice. I'm doing the Whole30 NOW because I accidentally talked my best friend into it. And then she talked another of our friends into it. So now I HAVE to, don't I?

I've been eating mostly paleo for about 4 months. One of those months was doing the "Wellness Challenge" which is a lot like the Whole30, but also addresses things like sleep habits, the chemicals in your cleaning and beauty products, exercise, and other aspects of healthy living. I did pretty well. Except for chocolate. And a bit of wine. I'm human, OK? But for the next 30 days, I'm going to be superhuman!

How about you? Why are you doing the Whole30?

Hi guys! I am starting 9/24 too!!! I've been eating Paleo off and on for almost 2 years but haven't been working out as much as I should. I can list all of my elleventybillion excuses that have hindered me in the past, but I have finally realized that the only excuse for not eating as well as i can is ME.

So I'm gonna do it.To feel better (I am ALWAYS soooo tired), to lose some weight and to complete something that is so very good for me!!!

Today is Day 1 for me, too! I'm hoping to lose weight and jump start a healthier way of eating. I had to eat very low carb for all of my pregnancies due to high blood sugar, which in turn led me to paleo/primal information. But during every pregnancy my thoughts the entire time were about what I was going to eat once the baby was born. So...obviously I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that one day I really won't crave sugar and grains. But I need to eat better so I can hopefully be around a long time for my children and so that I can model good eating habits for them (and encourage my husband along the way, since he basically eats whatever I eat and fix). Good luck everyone - here we go!

I'm doing the whole30 because I want to feel really, really good. And possibly lose the spare tire. That would be nice. I'm doing the Whole30 NOW because I accidentally talked my best friend into it. And then she talked another of our friends into it. So now I HAVE to, don't I?

Haha, i love this :) I've accidentally talked people into things (usually races) before and then felt obligated but then had so much fun! Anyway, it will be so nice for you to have close support during this!

And I have the same two vices - chocolate and wine. Here's the thing - you can totally go a month (or more) without them, you just have to be ready to. (And, once you've gone for a certain number of days, you kind of get on a roll, like, welllll, how long can I extend this to?)

Good luck being superhuman :) it can be done!

Today was my Day One as well. I've been off and on paleo for 4+ years, so no big surprises here ... just a bit of wistfulness over the half bottle of wine in the fridge which will have to go down the sink. Sigh. Oh well. Easy come, easy go.

Oh, and today was the first cup of BLACK coffee I've had in 20 years. No big splash of cream in my java today and, luckily, it was fresh ground organic Costa Rican in a French press, so the coffee was delicious. No pussy-fying needed. ;-)

Best wishes to you all as you move into Day Two.

I started sept 24 as well. I have been doing low carb, gluten free, sugar free for 3 months. But I still drank my glass of wine every day.

Maybe it's because I didn't go from eating Sonic snd rwizzlers right to the Whole 30 that my day 3 so far (it's 9:00am est) is ok. I replied to this thread because I see that most were somewhere close to eating this way before. I am wondering how you are feeling.

I've been eating paleo on and off for a year now - and I mean really on and off as I would do well for a couple of weeks and then binge for a couple of weeks. So I'm doing the Whole30 to hopefully get past that bingeing (I think a lot of it had to do with allowing some cheats and then sliding downhill fast). Anyway, I'm not feeling as bad as I thought I might. I'm crazy tired but I think that is because the baby has been keeping us up a lot. I did go to McD's yesterday for some unsweetened tea but this was a very bad idea since it set off some cravings - I know, it's shameful to admit to loving fast food in a paleo community, but it's the truth! Hope everyone is hanging in there!

I replied to this thread because I see that most were somewhere close to eating this way before. I am wondering how you are feeling.

Shelley, I'm keeping a log in the Your Whole30 log section. You should, too! It's fun and a good way to keep yourself accountable.

But the short answer for me is, I'm surprised (and partly in denial) that I'm actually feeling different. I don't feel like I changed my eating habits that much, but I am feeling a bit carb flu-y. Of course, my days are complicated by nights with a wakeful baby! How's it going for you?

I'm crazy tired but I think that is because the baby has been keeping us up a lot.

ksweet, I'm right there in crazyland with you!!!! I actually thought I'd 'lost' the baby in the house the other day. And he can't even crawl properly yet! In reality, I'd only lost my mind.

moday was my day 1 as well!! I have been off and on paleo for almost 2 years now. 2 months ago I had to stop going to my cf box because I am trying to save for a house. Since I stopped working out, I have been eating nonstop promising myself that I will start next monday...well this monday I finally decided to make myself a promise to complete the whole 30 and nothing will stop me now. I am disgusted with what I have allowed myself to become. In those 2 months off I gain 10 pounds and lost muscle that i had to work really hard to get. I know this will not be an easy journey but I cant wait to see myself complete this challenege. I have not worked out this week because I am very exhausted but my goal for next week is to workout at least 3 days. Good luck to everyone!!

Hey all! I started 23 Sept so was soooooo super excited to see this thread! Now I feel like I have a team doing this with me and can check in regularly to get and give some support. So far so good for me. Its funny how right-on-target with the "what to expect on days __" I've been so far and I'm really looking forward to this second week and seeing some of the magic start:) Hope everyone else is doing great and horray for us! Thanks everyone for sharing this journey with me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived